cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 68

Re: Torrent Speeds Capped Outside Of Peak Times

that would be correct BT wholesale resell broadband services to other isps it is perfectly normal they do in all exchanges the only suppliers that have there own equipment in exchanges are those that offer LLU services in an exchange eg they install there own equipment if financially viable
0 Ratings
McNavdo20
Contributor
Message 62 of 68

There can't be many that can afford their own equipment, the only ones I can think of are SKY and Virgin, one of those is the devil and it's not Virgin Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 63 of 68

from the exchange checker you were using

LLU operator presence
AOL: O2 / Be: C&W / Bulldog: Edge Telecom: Entanet: Lumison: NewNet: Node4: Orange: Pipex: Sky / Easynet: Smallworld: TalkTalk (CPW): Tiscali: Tiscali TV: WB Internet: Zen Internet:
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
Not available
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
McNavdo20
Contributor
Message 64 of 68

Exactly, nothing is available here. only BT and Orange can provide the unlimited option and Orange can only do that because BT pretty much run it and allow them to use their equipement, there were O2, Talktalk and a couple of others but they only offer their access package which has a 10GB usage limit

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 68

McNavado20 those are LLu providers who put there own equipment in exchanges
were it is economic for them to do so
0 Ratings
Highlighted
seab20
Expert
Message 66 of 68

Those are LLU providers but they also supply the BT packages like you have mentioned in areas where an LLU is not financially viable, all those services are managed by BT and each company has to buy the bandwidth of BT so your right in the fact that BT can do whatever they like and you can’t do anything about it as there are no LLU’s. Orange are moving away from LLU and on to BT white label services which are similar and explained in a quote i found on a website which i will put at the bottom, they are basically ripping their customers off though as the white label has a max speed of 8mbps whereas LLU's have a max of 24mbps so all the customer’s being moved are effectively downgraded, nice of them eh.  Company costs come before customer’s, number one rule in business, or is that the customer always comes first, obviously the orange execs didn’t know either

White Label

These products will be managed and maintained completely by BT Wholesale, leaving communications providers free to focus on the sales and marketing of products.

White Label Managed Services will remove the need for communications providers to build, support and maintain their own networks, products, back office systems and customer support facilities.

Communications providers of all sizes, including companies looking to diversify into communications, will be able to enter the market for bundled broadband, voice and converged services significantly faster, at lower costs and with greatly reduced implementation risk. Vodafone UK became the first customer for the service to support the launch of its consumer fixed-line broadband services, Vodafone At Home, earlier this year.

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 67 of 68

Ran another test for the wee hours of this morning (weekend being different to weekday) can confirm that I was getting no capping (although at weekends I find on Saturdays I do see it from 11ish for a white)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
McNavdo20
Contributor
Message 68 of 68

The speeds remain the same here. Still getting no higher than around 20kB/s during the day with capping between 4pm and 1am and then I continue to get the slow speeds with a few minutes of full speed here and there. Haven't heard anything from Stephanie since Friday so haven't had a reply since I mentioned the stuff about the exchange possibly being the problem.

0 Ratings