cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Total Outage grrrh

At work all week, get up this morning and kick my feet up and start browsing the Web, getting ready for a Skype session with my unwell father and suddenly the net cuts off.

Reported the fault, went out to buy milk. A sparky was just up the road fixing a reported power outage on the street where the green cab is located. Great I thought.
Get home and the net appeared to be back on. Used it for two mins and boom. Off again. Gave it some time and went out to see if the sparky was still doing work but no. They had gone and I'm left without a net connection.

Not getting any info from the call centre so who can I speak to about this?

I'm in the Arnold area of Nottingham.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Total Outage grrrh

if the call centre has no information then there is nothing else you can do but wait
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

you could try a reset of the hub first then try the modem if no luck other than that all you can do is wait
0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

DSL light is dead on the white openreach modem. Thing is, while BT are sitting on their **bleep** not doing anything what if the modem is simply faulty? Although the gentleman did say on the line test there was an issue between exchange and my house. Can they obtain that level of technical detail from tests run out of an Indian call centre?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

if they have told you that then that will be the case yes the can see that from a line test they now have to wait for Openreach to deal with the fault there is now nothing BT Retail your ISP can do until then
0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Will probably get ignored till Monday when I'm back at work. So annoying.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

no all infinity cabinets are automatically monitored by Openreach they will get an engineer to investigate the problem normally within a few hours how long it takes to restore service depends on the fault found
0 Ratings