cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
late8
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Total disconnection of phone and BB.

On Friday morning our phone and Broadband went dead. There is no dial tone.
I checked the test socket and nothing. There is no hiss or activity either.
After doing as much as I could at home I filed a fault online and the test said there may be a issue at th exchange.
This morning however we found out the whole village is active and there's nothing wrong with Phone, BB and TV on the exchange. A neighbour in the village along with the phone box are active.

Our house is located outside the village in its own and the phone line is buried.

Although the fault says its the exchange, we seem to be the only ones out. We have tried to contact BT but the lines are always busy and its costly on mobile.

Although the weather has been bad our line is underground and was fineeven after the storms. Is there any chance of help on here?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total disconnection of phone and BB.

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

There is nothing forum members can do apart from suggest that you wait. It could be a disconnection on the exchange distribution frame, if that is what the auto test says. Its usually quite accurate if the fault is in the exchange, and it should be easy to fix, once a technician visits the exchange.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

You will need to keep trying to contact BT and report the fault. Just because the fault checker said a fault at the exchange, it does not have to mean with every phone that is connected to that exchange has a fault. It could just be your line.

0 Ratings
late8
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the replies. I will keep trying to contact them.
0 Ratings