cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Total rip off BT!!!

Got my bill today for £90.54, only two calls made all quater, one was free and the other cost 24p!! I fully accept that last month my phone was disconnected and therefore I would be paying a late payment and reconnection fee but the rest of it is shocking! Run down of my bill goes something like this...

Late payment charge...£7.50

Reconnection...£18.00

BT 1571...£3.00  (because I havent used my phone im being charged for this usually free service!)

BT caller display...£8.10  (again being charged for this free service because have not used the phone!)

Unlimited evening and weekend plan....£48.30  (do I need inclusive evening and weekend calls when I dont even have a telephone connected to the line anymore....not sure if this is "free" as the customer service advisor stated or just some kind of con!)

And heres the biggest swizz of all.....

£5.40  (for the "pleasure" of actually paying your bill other that direct debit!!!)

I am FUMING to say the least and absolutely disgusted in BT!! The customer service rep removed the £3.00 charge for the BT 1571 but stated he could/would not remove the caller display charge as a good will jesture! Needless to say I am seeking to move my custom elsewhere! The phone line is only connected so I can use the internet in the first place!!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Total rip off BT!!!

Good for you! The more people move to other suppliers the higher the likelyhood BT will examine their business practices.  Mind you, like most of my posts, I expect this one to be deleted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Hello Madwoman

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry that your bill has left you fuming. If you like we can take a closer look at your bill and see if we can help.

Send us an email using the contact us address in my profile. You can copy this contact us form from the section About Me at the top of my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

If you are only using the phone line for internet, why are you paying extra to get 1571 and caller display?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

as ectophile said you have services that no one just having a line for broadband would have

My lines only used for broadband and i have

Landline + the obligatory evening and weekend calls that im not allowed to decline or remove.

Broadband.

, If you were aware you had theese services and their requirements why kick off? as you dont get services you have no intention of using.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

scandal

What an absolute rip off since I took a bt view box in November 2014 and I am tied into this rip off until this November.

I am paying £103 a month.

Got a recent bill showing an increased debit of 53.95.

Total calls for the 3 months was £14.98.

The biggest mistake in my life was getting involved with this crowd.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

The worst mistake of my life getting involved with this bt lot.

Took a bt view box in November 2014 and tied now until November this year paying £103 a month and a rising debit. Scandal.

Waste of time when I eventually got to talk to someone on the phone who unbelievably tried to sell me a mobile contract rather than answer my concerns.

Rip off.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

If you can explain your problem more clearly then we may be able to get you help with your problem
0 Ratings