cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zummerzet
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Touch 2... 6 weeks on...

Hi everyone, I've downloaded a thing called Easy Today Launcher, which I'm using instead of Touch Flo, and it gives the home screen a bit of an iPhone feel to it. I kind of decided that I didn't need the weather on my homescreen, as I can just look around me!

Try it here

Cheers,

Matt

0 Ratings
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 24

Good find Bacon', I've heard about it, but not tried it yet.

MiskMask, the micro SD cards won't fit in a normal SD slot as they're too small, however, some come with an adapter which looks like a normal SD card within which the micro SD fits, this combination can then be used in a normal SD slot.

However, you may not need all that, you could just use the USB cable direct to the phone, when the phone detects that you have connected to a PC it will ask if you want to connect via Active Sync, or share the phones internet connection with the PC, or open the phone as an external disk drive on the PC.  The last option basically allows you to explore the phone and storage card using the windows explorer in the normal manner.  That's what I do, saves fiddling around taking the card out of the slot all the time.

Cheers
Alun

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet
0 Ratings
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 24

Matt, good point about the weather!

Have you checked out XDA, as there are a lot of themes and user interface tweaks available out there... some mimic iPhones, some Android, some just change the whole apearance of the phone... worth a look.

Cheers

Alun

miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 24

That worked a treat, Alun. Many thanks!! Would you kindly take a look at my newly posted thread about Windows update after I connected my touch 2? Thank you! 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Fredo
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 24

Bacon, that myPlayer is great! 

Had to fiddle about a bit to configure it but its great for the BBC iplayer and also watching live BBC.

Trip to the mother in laws net Saturday so it will come in handy for the Six Nations if I can connect to the web through her wifi hub.

Robot Happy

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Dingley_Del
Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Hi,

I'm into my first week with the Touch2 and I am very happy so far.

MyPlayer is brilliant by the way, I didn't even have to fiddle with the settings to get it to work!

Just one question... Rotate Screen utility will not work as it tells me Microsoft .NET Compact Framework needs updating.  Has anyone had to update to get Rotate Screen to work?  What I have read about updating to v3.5 looks a bit too involved for a Sunday evening...(I have been using a program called 'All at Hand 0-90' to rotate my screen.... but it is a bit temperamental).

I recommend NoData and is a must for me as I have not taken the unlimited data package...so far it has prevented any unknown data connections.

Thanks

Del

0 Ratings
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 24

Del, installing .NET Compact Framework is quite straight forward, I pressume you have a link to it?  Go ahead and download it, then when it's finished, connect you phone to the PC using ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Centre (depending whether you're XP or Vista/Win7), once you have a connection, run the installer and that's pretty much it.  Follow the onscreen instructions both on the PC and phone, basically I think the Phone asks if you want to go ahead and instal, but that's it.  Hopefully that'll get your software working.

If not, I have a rotate program running, but the installation is a little fiddly, but I can walk you through it.

Also, everyone else, I have updated the original post to add Easy Wifi, a program that appears to auto login to Openzone spots for you. 

Cheers
Alun

0 Ratings
slimwallet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Hi Thanks for all the useful info on the touch ,I have downloaded the myplayer but can`t get it to work ,

Any tips ?

0 Ratings
AlunH
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 24

In what way does it not work?  Does it fire up OK, but not play video?  If so, you need to configure the media player, from within myPlayer, select Menu> Options thn tap Player Configuration... you need to select the player for each service... I've just tried iPlayer using \windows\streamingplayer.exe and it appeared to work well.  I only altered the 2 top options, I left the "Arguments" options alone.

Give that a try and get back to us.

Cheers

Alun

0 Ratings
slimwallet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Hi Alun ,

Any ideas how to personalise the ring tone ?

can you do it from one of the music files ?

On the myplayer thing it says " There is no application associated with myplayersetup ,run the application first ,then open this file from within the application ,

I  have no idea what this means ?

Any ideas

Thanks 

Mick

0 Ratings