cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hattie
Message 1 of 6

Tracing people logging on at BT FON and BT Openzone hotspots

Hello,

Please can you tell me if it is possible for BT to trace where someone is logging on using BT FON or BT Openzone.  My reason being I am being stalked and the emails come from IP addresses all over the place from btcentralplus.com.  I think I know who the stalker is and he has a BT phoneline and internet account so would have log in details.  If the police were to contact you could you tell them where he has logged on and whether this matches the IP addresses from the emails.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Tracing people logging on at BT FON and BT Openzone hotspots

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or  Contact BT  ,or telephone 0800 800 150

Its possible one of the forum members may be able to help you if its a general enquiry.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

If you are being stalked then you need to report it to the police for your own safety

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Seraph
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

For Openzone, given that you have to provide logon credentials, then that's a definite Yes. My monthly bills identify where I have logged on, when I logged on and for how long.

For Openzone, in say Starbucks, where it's free then I can't say

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

never new that need to check my bills and see where I have logged on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

or me never seen it on my bill
0 Ratings