cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

Trainee Openreach Engineer London

Hey guys sorry if you have seen this kind of message before on the forum but curiosity got the better of me,

Iv applied to become a Trainee Openreach Engineer and I'm based in East London, Iv passed the online strength test and the video interview and am waiting to hear back in regards to the assessment day. I received the email on the 4th of June in regards to passing the tests.

I was wondering if anyone from London has recently applied and how long it took them to hear back for an invite. 

Also, does anyone know where the assessment centres are in East London?

Appreciate the help guys

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Trainee Openreach Engineer London

Hi @jilz1

Hope you’re well,
any update on your application ? I’m at the same stage you were at the time of your post. Completed my video interview on the 21st June, followed by an email the next morning (22nd June) saying..

“We’re pleased to tell you that you’ve passed our initial screening. We’re progressing your application for the Openreach Trainee Engineer Programme to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.”

Still waiting to hear a follow up on this!

Any helps much appreciated!

Redz

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

I'm not in London but am in the same boat. Have been waiting for an assessment for over a month...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

I expect you'll hear from them a lot sooner than I will (if I hear anything at all). They are short of engineers in London, north Wales not so much. I'll give them another week or two then concentrate my efforts elsewhere...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 12

They are screaming out for Openreach Engineers in London and the South East. It’s very difficult to retain staff down there due to the low wage in comparison to the cost of living.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi 

Im from east london. I am going for my assesment on the 18th july. Its in Judd St. Central London. 

Just revising all possible questions. If anyone has been to the assesment centre recently who can give some tips.

thanks 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Wow ..I’ve waited just over two weeks from hearing I passed my video interview. And today been invited to a assessment centre in Bedford ? (Im from North London) on the 16th August ..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Also any news on your assessment da? how was it ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 12

Hi mate,

Any news on your assessment day?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

Hi Mate,

Any news on your assessment day?