cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnelf
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Transfer From Sky Fibre To BT Infinity

I have been with Sky Fibre on their LLU for over one year now. I tried to transfer to plus net fibre, but was told it cannot be done at the moment. The only way was to go without fibre for two weeks, and transfer over the line then fibre one at a time.
Would love to come to BT, but would I have the same difficulty ?
A am not willing to change number either.
John
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
stanway
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Transfer From Sky Fibre To BT Infinity

I swapped from sky fibre to bt about 3 weeks ago, just went on bt's website and bought the infinity 80/20 package, select your swap date then wolla bt do it all for you, you will receive your bt home hub the day before in the post and you will receive a telephone call on the day when bt take over your service, you then just plug in the home hub and away you go, dead simple.
stanway
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Should of mentioned you can keep your old number and you'll get free bt sports1 and 2 and espn
0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 4 of 6

That is interesting going from one fibre ISP to another, do BT not install a new FTTC modem even if you had one installed on previous ISP ?

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

It will be the same openreach modem, just a different router. BT Retail use the Home Hub

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

I transferred from very poor sky fibre connection to Bt. infinity 2 on 8 April and so glad I did the service from Bt. has been spot on and the connection has been brilliant kept same number estimated speeds 53 down 15 up getting 61 down and 18 up and really pleased with call package and features and just signed up for free Bt. sports on my sky hd box overall experience has been brilliant and transfer from sky only took 2 weeks with a few small problems that were quickly sorted and I got £50 sainsburys gift card and the package £20 for 3 months, I am now a very happy chappie !!
0 Ratings