cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Transfer of email account

Go to solution

Can anyone please advise if there is a way of transferring my BT Yahoo account to Outlook.com?  I know I can import the emails into Outlook but can I transfer all my emails and then close my BT account?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Transfer of email account

Go to solution

Not entirely sure what you want to do, if you close your BT account you will lose your @btinternet.com email address, you can't continue to use it. You can import your mails into Outlook.com and then use another email address from now onwards.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I want to move to Outlook.com and I am therefore currently moving my BT emails to this account but I want to close my BT account (@talk21.com) within this month.  I assume I will then have to advise all my contacts of my new Outlook account address from thereon - is that right?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Lynndm wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I want to move to Outlook.com and I am therefore currently moving my BT emails to this account but I want to close my BT account (@talk21.com) within this month.  I assume I will then have to advise all my contacts of my new Outlook account address from thereon - is that right?

Indeed, that is correct.

I wasn't sure if you wanted to continue receiving your talk21 mails via Outlook.com which would only be possible if you kept your BT account.

0 Ratings