cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeckyCW
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Transfer of number due to house move still pending after 88 days of the promised expected date.

My elderly neighbours, one who is registered disabled and cannot drive, moved house on the 18th of July earlier this year. They were initially informed that the phone number would be moved on the 30th July 2014. However they are still without any phone or broadband. For this reason they are unable to send this request themselves. Their only access to internet is when they visit friends and neighbours.  They have tried contacting BT numerous times, they have had friends with BT numbers call but with no success. The still are without the service - which they continue to be charged for. All the want is to get this line working with their number.

Chronology of the communications;

11th July 2014 - BT confirmed the engineering appointment for the 30/07/14 between 13.00 and 18.00.

18th August - BT text to say engineering visit changed to 2/9/14

4th Sept 2014 - BT comfirmed they would contact us on the 11/09/14 re the delay in the service.

15th Sept 2014 - contacted by BT Account manager who offered to monitor the account and said any query would be answered within 4 hours. We sent a number of questions to that text number and the only responses we got were either 'Hi BT here. Thank you for your question, one of our advisors will look into this..." or "I'm afraid we're closed fr the day...".

7th Oct 2014 - A Neighbour phoned and was given the name of a new account manager

10th Oct 2014 - The account manager phoned to say that the phone would be on on the 20th October and he would progress the order and keep us informed. That was the last communication from him!!

10th Oct 2014 - BT texted to say there was an unforeseen delay with the activation and they would contact us on the 14/10.14

14th Oct 2014 - BT texted to say unfortunately they were unable to provide an update as planned so would be in touch on the 15/10/2014

16th Oct 2014 - BT phoned to say the date had changed to the 22nd

That was the last communication. There is still no sign of engineers on the line. We live in a very remote part of Scotland with sketchy mobile phone reception and these two pensioners need to be able to phone if they have an emergency in the house. We also need to be able to phone them to check they are okay. How can we move this and make it a priority.

Concerned

Becky

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 4

Re: Transfer of number due to house move still pending after 88 days of the promised expected date.

Hi BeckyCW,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the delay getting your elderly neighbours connected.  I completely understand the circumstances and how important it is for them to have a working phone line.

We're happy to check what's causing the delay from here and when we pick it up we'll keep them updated until everthing is up and running.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
BeckyCW
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Transfer of number due to house move still pending after 88 days of the promised expected date.

The Saga continues. After the BT customer care responding to me on the same Friday, I received the following after an engineer visited the following Tuesday:

According to the engineering notes there were no spare lines available to connect your neighbours line which means that they need to install new cabling all the way from the exchange. Regrettably this has taken much longer than we would like and I have checked the engineering notes and called them this morning for an update. The latest info advises that the job has been allocated to engineers today and they will be working on this over the next few days and the will provide further updates on Thursday and I will review the order then and pass on any new information when it is made available to us.

That was last Tuesday and I have heard nothing since.  The elderly couple received their usual weekly update saying that they would get an update later this week, again I feel they are just being fobbed off. All they want is a phone working in the property.

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi BeckyCW, 

I am sorry to hear that this isn't sorted yet. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings