Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tunedfortrash
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Transferring ownership of BT account

Hello,

Does anyone know how I go about changing ownership of my entire BT account?  I am leaving my flat but my 2 housemates are staying there and they want to keep BT account exactly as it is (and I do not need the account in the flat I am moving in to).

I have tried calling the helpline but the automated system doesn't seem to have an option that covers my query.  Can anybody advise?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Transferring ownership of BT account

BT usually agree to transferring an account to someone else only in the case of bereavement. You'll probably have to cancel your account and one of the others open a new one. This is a particular problem for students.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

BT won't allow it, they prefer to charge you a cancellation fee for each month of the contract that remains. See if you can get your mates to sign an agreement to pay for the service. 😉

WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Just a though, you can cancel without penalty if you have received notice of the latest price increases from BT, due to start in Jan 2013.