cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Trees opposite my house are growing over the telephone cables.

Trees opposite my house are growing over the telephone cables. They will soon be brought down affecting several properties. The council are not interested and said contact BT. Has anyone else experienced this problem and who should I contact. Thank you 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Trees growing over telephone cables

Trees opposite our house are growing over the telephone cables. How do I report this. I tried contacting the council and they say I must contact BT. The lines will soon be knocked down/damaged especially if we have any bad weather

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Trees growing over telephone cables

Further to my recent post about trees, I rang Openreach and first of all they said contact the council. I told them that Transport for Buckinghamshire didn't want any thing to do with it and I should contact Openreach. 

Openreach didn't want anything to do with it either and apparently don't care until the line are knocked down. Hey ho the modern world:

Spend nothing, do nothing just keep taking the money..............

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Re: Trees growing over telephone cables

That's probably about as far as you can go. It's often difficult enough to get Openreach to repair equipment that has gone wrong let alone stuff that might.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Re: Trees growing over telephone cables

@Golfyrich

Having had a simillar issue in the past, you need to work out who the trees belong to and if they are old trees  to see if they have a tree preservation order (TPO). If the trees are on council own land  you can ask your local council to send their arborist to come and do some clearance. You can normally search for tree's with a TPO via your local council website. 

Otherwise BT Retail or Openreach will only act once the line is damaged.

0 Ratings