Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisAnn
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Trojan found - has it been made safe?

Go to solution

McAfee has just 'done' its weekly full scan of my computer. The security report says it detected 1 trojan. It also says that my system is secure and no action required.

This may be an obvious question - but is there anything I should do to remove the found Trojan? If so I can't find a way to remove it. Or, which I hope is the case, has McAfee dealt with it and I have nothing further to worry about?

I always look at the security report and this is the first time it has indicated that something has been found.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trojan found - has it been made safe?

Go to solution

there is nothing to do as McAfee will have either deleted or put in quarantine.  probably came with something you downloaded

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
WellGrumpy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Most security systems block Trojans. To be sure download and run Malwarebytes that shuold kill off any Tojans.

themidlander
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

This is a good programme for you

superantispyware

ChrisAnn
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for reassuring me. I'll have a look at the two programs recommended although I do have Ad-Aware installed which I think does the same thing.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hazeno
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Always the best removal guide for any Trojans and Malware. Run that any problems hit up the community forums with your logs. Those guys in there are beyond intelligent.

On a side note , i prefer ESET Nod32 as my AV if i ever actually use any.

0 Ratings