cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCCC
Beginner
Message 11 of 56

Re: Trouble with accessing certain websites.

Have done already, tried opendns and google dns still no go. 😕
0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 56

can you give more precise symptoms?
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 13 of 56

You could try changing the nameservers on a computer to something else (eg google's 8.8.8.8) to see if that helps.  I don't think it will as your name resolution www.ea.com->98.129.150.221 already seems to be standard.

0 Ratings
CCCC
Beginner
Message 14 of 56

I've pretty much tried everything I can, and the fact it works with a proxy just seems to show that this is some sort of block.

Worryingly, if it is a block and not IP based, then this is a very specific block on my connection as I have tried with 4 different IPs now....
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 15 of 56

You haven't got any services such as BT Family Safety (or whatever it is called) that might be intercepting the traffic?

0 Ratings
CCCC
Beginner
Message 16 of 56

No I never set it up when my BT infinity was installed about a month ago.

Only thing I use is OpenDNS in the house, and i've worked around that already and still wont let me load up the site.
Very odd all this, and BT support is pretty much useless.
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 17 of 56

as bullitt asked: can you give more precise symptoms?  

I can't see how it could identify you to block your connection through changed IPs.  Did you check they weren't all in pretty much the same range? It might have blocked a range for some reason.  

I assume you have tried different browsers? Seems a very unlikely reason, but when you've tried the sensible ones try the silly ones.

Have you tried 'ipconfig /flushdns' to clear the cache?  Again, looks unlikely as your nslookup resolved it right.

0 Ratings
scottyg35
Contributor
Message 18 of 56

the web site is working for me now even on my 2 phones using wifi.
0 Ratings
CCCC
Beginner
Message 19 of 56

Not really sure what symptoms I can explain really.
I load up any ea.com site, whether its help.ea.com or ea.com/uk etc and it just attempts to load for approx 20 secs and then results in:
"Could not connect to remote server" in Opera and the following in Firefox:
"The connection has timed out"

There is no mention of a block, in fact there is nothing just a pure time out.

I have tried various DNS, browsers, IP Addresses and computers / phones none of them will give me access using my BT connection.

If I connect via my phones 3G then I can get on fine, if I use a proxy I can get on fine.
tracerts are fine, pings do not even time out over 100 pings, not a single loss...

BT Support say it "could" be a block that resolves itself in 24hrs but they cant say for sure it is... typical crappy support response, and there is little to no use contacting EA directly as they wont deal with me on just my own connection being a problem when millions of other people can access it no problem, in fact so can I if I dont bother using BT!!

Being stuck between BT and EA with a technical problem is no fun when neither of them give a toss. -.-
0 Ratings
Sharpy2014
Beginner
Message 20 of 56

Was just on twitter and Rob Hodson was stating their was problems for some people connecting to EA, perhaps just BT customers?

0 Ratings