cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inchindown
Contributor
Message 41 of 56

Re: Trouble with accessing certain websites.

I haven't been able to access any EA website for several days now. Yet all my EA games can still log on to the EA servers. I can only assume that the EA game servers are accessed through proxies and the normal websites are getting blocked by a routing error in the BT system.

They need to fix it soon.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 56

working here on infinity
0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 43 of 56

woohoo they fixed it then!
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 56

they seem to have both ea.co  and ea.co/uk  are up and running 

0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 45 of 56

john46.  We've known almost from the start that it is working for many Infinity users.  There doesn't seem to be any evidence it is working now for anyone who didn't have it working before.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 46 of 56

sounds like bt has fixed it
any others still with issues must be there own problem
0 Ratings
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 47 of 56

All working here now and able to view ea.com.

0 Ratings
CCCC
Beginner
Message 48 of 56

Aaaaaaarg! yesterday it all worked just fine again, and now the same problem website is inaccessible!
What the hell BT?!

You block sites because people access the same ones a lot?!
0 Ratings
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 49 of 56

What you said CCCC, same here. Worked yesterday but now its blocked again.
My brother lives 2 miles away, he is on talk talk and had no problems at all. I have 2 friends both on bt infinity who are in my position, they can't access the site today but they could yesterday. All leaving BT as soon as contract it up.

What is so annoying is even when they do fixed, they should at least apologise to their customers....but as always, no warning and no apology, absolute f _ c _ all.

0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 50 of 56

It is not blocked, I can access both ea.com and www.ea.com from Infinity.

Issues like this that affect some users but not others from the same ISP always seem the most difficult to resolve.  When I was on BE similar issues came up a few times, and the excellent service team there often took a bit of time to work out what was going on and resolve it.  They usually resolved most other issues, including a website inacessible to all BE users, much quicker.

BE also had better reporting of such errors (usually).  The BT service page does not mention this issue at all.  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036/~/service-update  Has anyone brought it to their attention by ringing the service people in India?  Or by online chat: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MjciLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzdG...  There are negative comments about them, but I found them polite and helpful and they resolved the only issue I took to them.  This is only a self-help forum and has no official connection to the BT service system.  (Again, different from BE where the service team are actively involved in the forum.  They often resolve things directly there, and sometimes ask the poster to raise a ticket in the standard way.)

If ringing serivice or online chat does not work, I suggest that all affected users contact the mods at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings