cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Troubles gettining into some services webpages since yesterday?

So since late last night while playing a game, i got dc'd but my HH stayed connected, no webpages would work but skype stayed connected, as did the stream i was watching on twitch. So i restarted the router a few times and nothing, always connects but webpages don't work, sod it, went to bed. Woke up this morning and the problem still remains, some webpages load up, like half load, never fully load up, some won't respond, and services like steam battle net etc do not work, but Skype does!. I've done all manner of tracerts, that all come back completely normal, i've tried changing dns to google and using my VPN (i can't even log into that 😕 ) i've also done all manner of stuff like flushing the dns etc An example of a webpage (http://imgur.com/3Gap62W) Any one got any other ideas?
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Troubles gettining into some services webpages since yesterday?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Just done it, no difference, any thing else i can try, or should i give the helpdesk a ring /shudder 😄
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Have you tried a different web browser?

Is it the same on all of your devices?

Are you connected by wireless or Ethernet cable?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 19

Could you post the link to the actual image you were trying to view in the example you gave?

The page you got may be correct and you may not have an issue.

Other examples would also be helpful (not too many thoughSmiley Wink).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Yes, it's the same when connected to the router by 4 different tablets and 2 phone also cannot connect to Xbox Live Have tried Firefox and IE, same problem, just got a new error from Chrome, DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN (I have also tried google's DNS, i can't try any others, as i dont know any)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

That was just the main page for facebook, thats all that happens on all of the pages try except this one and gmail! i get half a page loaded or a couple of pictures, then nothing
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

@Saece wrote:
Yes, it's the same when connected to the router by 4 different tablets and 2 phone also cannot connect to Xbox Live Have tried Firefox and IE, same problem, just got a new error from Chrome, DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN (I have also tried google's DNS, i can't try any others, as i dont know any)

Try OpenDNS

208.67.222.222 · 208.67.220.220

Remember to flush DNS cache after changing.

ipconfig /flushdns

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 19

This is the image you linked to.

2015-10-30 09_05_05-.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

http://imgur.com/Dt3ZQcG (dunno what happened to the other one! @Keith just tried your DNS it's made the websites that work, feel snappier!? but the one's that don't work are still not working. steam/battle net etc still wont connect.
0 Ratings