cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bloody56
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

True Key and windows10

Why have BT offered True Key when its not compatible with Microsoft edge, which is the browser that comes with Windows10.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: True Key and windows10

Why would you want to use Microsoft Edge when there are far superior browsers available.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

@licquorice wrote:

Why would you want to use Microsoft Edge when there are far superior browsers available ...

... including Internet Explorer, which also comes with Windows 10.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

Can I ask why you would want to store all your passwords on your PC, or somewhere else not under your direct control?

Seems like a bad idea to me, as is allowing a third party to manage them.  If you can't remember them then you should store them, obfuscated of course, in a book stored somewhere safe.

Making an account that spans multiple devices and has all your data stored, where? Oh, right on some remote server, likely in the US and subject to their pathetic privacy laws.  Patriot Act, anyone?

I use about 10 pass worded accounts, four of them not recorded anywhere physical.

Safer that way, if it isn't written down then nobody else can get at it.

pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

With sensible thought and care, it's possible to devise and store password indicators on your computer in a form that only you can understand. Might not suit everyone but it's a darn sight better than storing it on someone else's.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
SciLogic
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Not many 3rd party web apps actually support Edge, and for good reason. I would suggest using IE(It is still available in Windows 10), Chrome or Firefox.

0 Ratings
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Adding to the other comments here, I suspect the fact that Edge isn't support is more the fault of Microsoft than Intel or BT. There are lots of other broswer plugins that also don't support edge. It's irritating as I do find Edge to be slightly faster than the competition, but without good plugin support I can't use it.

0 Ratings