I have the same problem as others with Truekey, cant log in, "something went wrong", I tried the BT help assistant, he didnt have a clue, when he asked me to reinstall Truekey (I had already reinstalled twice) and got to " restart " I lost him. I havent been back, given up on Truekey for now, back to pen and paper!
I uninstalled true Key on the PC, but do not have True Key installed on my Win 8.1 Mobile, and do not appear to be able to download it onto the moblie. Any other options to fix?
Thanks to you all for the posting about True Key. I am very sorry you have had problems.
We've good news! A fix has been to pushed into live by McAfee Intel Security yesterday to update affected True Key users, which we expect to resolve the issue. The update is automatically pulled from the Windows app once every 24h and runs silently in the background, without the need for customers to do anything.
However, if you don't want to wait to receive the update you can trigger it immediately by following the below steps:
1.. Open up the Command Prompt
Launch It From The Start Menu/Screen
If you are using Windows 7, open the Start Menu and go to All Programs -> Accessories. There you will find the Command Prompt shortcut.
In Windows 8.1, go to the Start screen. Click or tap on All apps and scroll right, until you find the Windows System folder. There you will see the Command Prompt shortcut.
In Windows 10, open the Start Menu and go to All apps -> Windows System. There you will find the Command Prompt shortcut.
One of the quickest ways to launch the Command Prompt is to use the Run window (press Win+R on your keyboard to open it).
Once you get the command screen
2.. Type the command C:\Program Files\TrueKey\McAfee.Yap.TkUpdMgr.exe
3.. Press Enter Key
4.. While executing that file through the command prompt, a black window flashes and disappears
How to convert to Premium True Key
For anyone who has applied a previous workaround and doesn't have a Premium subscription with 5 licenses, follow these instructions to convert to Premium – it should be quite easy steps: How can I convert my Freemium True Key app to Premium
Ok, so I've managed to get it to work, well sort of.
1. Uninstall True Key from your PC. Then let the PC restart.
2. Providing you have True Key installed on your mobile, you have to disable any devices other than the mobile in "Manage Trusted Devices".
3. Change the Master Password in "Change Master Password".
4. Now go back to "Manage Trusted Devices" and select "Install on another device". An email will be sent to your email address thats linked to True Key.
5. On your PC open your email client, and click the link "Install True Key".
6. Accept the download and install.
7. Then go through the install process as you would normally, adding your name email address, and the new Master Password. You will be told that the email address already exists, and do you want to login using this address. just accept.
8. You will then be sent an email to confirm its you (Access Requested), just select "Confirm Access".
9. You will then have to login using your email address and new Master Password.
This was the only way I could get it installed and working. The only fly in the ointment is that it now says "Your Premium period ends on April 7th 2017.
In your case, you’ll need to convert the version of True Key that you have to Premium subscription with 5 licenses by following these instructions to convert to Premium: How can I convert my Freemium True Key app to Premium?
I have tried the above, but I cannot change Free to Premium, because it already says Premium. It still says Premium - Your Premium period ends on: April 7, 2017
Looking at all the posts, I think I will wait a couple of weeks for it all to be resolved, then try downloading True Key again.
In the meantime, I will do without True Key and use the forgotten password option when necessary on any sites I need to go to. What a waste of time !