cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Trying to Migrate from Virgin to Infinity................

.................and it's akin to herding cats!

I used the online chat and in the middle of December I was told that I could order infinity at the start of this year. I went back on the online chat today and I am now told that I cannot.

My exchange is Wallsend and my postcode is NE288RA. The second weblink on the FAQ tells me that my exchange is AO (accepting orders). The wholesale checker says nothing about FTTC. I get the fact that AO triggers at 10 FTTC cabinets and that a FTTC cab looks different to the standard cab so I wouldn't benefit from a copy and paste Q+A from a forum resident.

I must be no more than 100 metres from the BT exchange so I may be on an EO line. If I am on an EO line and how can I find out?

All I am looking for is an ETA, nothing else. 

I am on 100Mb fibre with Virgin at the moment and would like to discuss the options for migrating to BT but as I mentioned, the only thing clear about this process is the ambiguity.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Trying to Migrate from Virgin to Infinity................

If you send an email to the following email address, then they will be able to tell you more information including a possible date:  nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I googled that email address and read the FAQ on the Openreach page and I would guess that I would be wasting their time in asking as I have already checked the where and when page. I will try all the same, thanks.

Please note that we will not be in a position to comment on whether your area will get superfast fibre broadband in the future if not yet published on our “Where and When” rollout plan

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@BigDaddyDavee wrote:

I googled that email address and read the FAQ on the Openreach page and I would guess that I would be wasting their time in asking as I have already checked the where and when page. I will try all the same, thanks.

Please note that we will not be in a position to comment on whether your area will get superfast fibre broadband in the future if not yet published on our “Where and When” rollout plan

You could always try contacting the mods on this forum is this link (They are very good) http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings