cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Trying to connect iPhone to BT with FON

Hi - iPhone 5S; when I try to log in to BT with FON I get the 'not recognised' message, which says username is "usually your email".

To log in for my bills, etc, my user name is firstname.surname without any @ etc. When I signed up for Infinity, I was given an email of initialsurname and three figures. I keep that as my safe email and have a couple of sub emails, one of which is the one BT uses to email me.

My problem is trying to work out which ID I'm supposed to use for BT with FON, since none of those seem to work. OK... the problem may be on my end of the phone... I can't GET them to work... 😉 .

Advice gratefully received.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Trying to connect iPhone to BT with FON

Hi @Scotsmac

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the problems you're having logging in to a BT Wifi with Fon.  You'd need to log on using a BTID.  Do you know if you've created one already?  This should help: What is a BTID and how do I get one?

Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try again with the ID I use to check the internet/phone bill. Probably having stubby-finger trouble trying to type caps and lower case on the iPhone. I'll get back to you later...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

No problem @Scotsmac

If you're struggling to log in this may also help: I've forgotten my BT login details (BTID)

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

you need an email address - your name sign in won't work with btwifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings