cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KieranJW
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Trying to get a billing issue resolved, getting nowhere

I have been been going around in circles with BT.

It all started about a month ago when we recieved a call from BT saying that if we didn't pay our bill, we'd be cut off. We hadn't received a bill, it must have never been sent, or been lost in the post. The guy on the phone told us how much we had to pay so I paid the bill online.

That would have been it except that I was really in a rush when I did this and by mistake I put in the wrong account code, so the bill payment went into someone elses account, not mine.

A week later I got called again by BT being threatened with having our phone cut off, so I rang them back and figured out what the problem was and explained to the person in the call centre what had happened, and he said that he'd marked the payment of the bill so it would be transferred to our account, not the account I had put in by mistake. The last thing I said to the person on the phone was "Will BT cut me off now?" and he said "Absolutely not."

One more week went by, and BT restricted my line, for not paying the bill. I called up, again, and explained the problem, again, and the person in the call centre apologised and had the line reactivated and said that the payment would be switched to our account. He said it would be expedited, and we wouldn't be charged for reactivation, and that we wouldn't need to call back about the issue anymore.

Another week went by and you've guessed it - We get another call from BT, saying they're going to disconnect our service permanently if we don't pay the bill. At this point I just capitulated and paid it, AGAIN, online, with the correct account code. In all honesty, I'm expecting BT to cut us off on saturday regardless of the fact that I've now paid my phone bill, twice.

We've been perfect customers with BT for twenty seven years and they just turn around and treat you like **bleep** the moment there's the slightest problem.

All I want is: 1) the original, incorrect payment I made either transferred into my account, or refunded to me and 2) to not have to pay any stupid late payment/reconnection fees. We paid on time, despite the fact there was never a bill

I want to know what I can do from here - I really don't want to have to call anyone else, I've spent about £50 on endless calls to people in BT's call centres who just don't understand what the problem is, and can't do anything to help.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Trying to get a billing issue resolved, getting nowhere

hi

"I've spent about £50 on endless calls to people in BT's call centres who just don't understand what the problem is, and can't do anything to help. "

This is very confusing as calls to BT free how have you spent any money calling them
0 Ratings
Mace
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Am I just being cynical, or are the call centre staff more interested in getting positive feedback if you do the ring back survey than sorting your problem? I have only been trying to sort an issue with my bill for a week so far, but in that week every time I ring despite them being "very sorry" "really wanting to help" and "I don't blame you for being annoyed" I to seem to be getting nowhere fast. And then to help even more my post above using IE9 just disappeared!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

as you are using IE9 use the compatibility mode IE9 has issues with a few websites
0 Ratings