cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drunner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Trying to merge accounts - aargh!!

This is driving me nuts, hope someone can help!

Have been a BT customer for 15 years..Recently upgraded my old hub to the HomeHub 4, with a new package.

Did the upgrade over the telephone, all went well apart from the fact it revealed I had 2 accounts, one for phone, one for broadband.

The very helpful lady tried to merge the accounts, couldn't do it straight away, so said she would try later & it may take a couple of days for it to merge.

Waited 48 hours as suggested logged on to My BT and it still shows the old account number, but also says it is no longer valid & I am not the account holder.

So now I still cant set up BT Sport or get any online help as it still showing an error ..

I also cant verify that I am the account holder of the new account, as I don't even have the new number which online advisors keep asking me for, so I cant do anything on line.!

I have been on the phone and have been transferred to and from the correct and incorrect departments, and on each occasions had to give up waiting after listening to the music on hold for in excess of 45 minutes each!!!!

I received all the emails welcoming me to BT, and tried to login from the link on the emails (onto My BT), when I use my email address it logs on fine but still shows the old, cancelled account.

Can somebody please  help sort out this confusion for me, as at the moment I'm almost sorry I decided to stick with BT...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Trying to merge accounts - aargh!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi drunner,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I can help you with this.  Click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Greybags
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Been having this problem for over 3 months now, and they just keep closing the fault without clearing anything.

This is becoming most irritating, Had a glimmer of hope with a mod on here called Robbie... He was trying to help, but now just getting emails from someone else telling me that everything os closed, and I need to report a fault again and explain what is happening..

Cant even find a phone number to complain about it..

This is becoming stupid...

You have my deepest sympathy, and if you find a solution, please let me know...

Possibly be less painful to pull your own teeth than get it solved though..

Grahame

0 Ratings