Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Trying to move to BT from TalkTalk since 2 November 2015

Go to solution

I'vebeen trying to place an order to move from TalkTalk to BT since 2nd November, placing four in total!

#1. I wasn't given an order no. When I rang back to check on progress, I was told there was no record of it.
#2. I then placed a new order and was given an order no. When I rang to check progress I was told there was a problem and the order couldn't be processed and had therefore been cancelled.
#3. I then placed a third order and was again given an order no. When I rang to check progress, I was told there was a problem with the order within BT Openreach. The order had to be cancelled, I was to wait 24 hours and place a fourth order on-line! I received a cancellation notification.
#4. I placed the fourth order on-line and received e-mails confirming it (the first I had received in relation to any order, hence the phone calls to track progress.)  However, I then got a phone call from BT, whilst out walking the dog so asked them to ring back in an hour or so. When I never received a further call, I went on-line and discovered that the third order appeared to be going through still, whilst the fourth had problems.

As the third order appeared to be going through, I tried creating a BT ID against it, but got the message that my email address was already in use. So I tried the "Forgotten Password" option but was told my email address was unknown! However, I was able to create a BT ID against the fourth order but that appears to be in limbo

I have tried phoning (round and round in circles) and web chat and am still no nearer a solution. The web chat lad was very helpful and eventually generated a phone call from BT but before I could get anywhere with it I was cut off. Still waiting ........

Aaaaaaghhh!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Trying to move to BT from TalkTalk since 2 November 2015

Go to solution

only people than can help are forum mods and they will post here 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi IDontByte and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having problems moving to BT. Your best bet would be to speak with our orders team. They're UK based and will own the complaint until resolution. I'll drop you a message now with a link where you can chat them online. Once you've chatted them please post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Well that took most of the afternoon including at least a 30 minute wait for somebody from the orders team.

I still think nothing has basically been fixed and I'm struggling to understand what's gone wrong. I think the main problem is that I never received (dare I say was never sent) any emails in relation to the orders placed over the phone (something about confirming email address and activating account - but I hadn't tried to set up an account! I understood I should get emails fro BT telling me what to do!). I've checked every spam folder, etc. that I can think of in my email client and on the TalkTalk/AOL Web Mail without finding anything.

However, I do believe that order #3 has actually been cancelled as I was supposed to receive all the equipment today and nothing has turned up. But (and I'm really unsure here) I suspect that the order team member I chatted to was trying to link the order #3 into my BT account. Its not visible directly via My BT but she said it took 48 hours for changes to work through the system.

She's also promised to check my order(s) out on Monday (but then I got a similar promise from the previous 'chatter') - so its wait and see til Monday!

I am getting e-mails regarding delivery schedules for order #4! AND, the message regarding a problem on it has disappeared!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Further Update!

Now on order #5, with all previous being cancelled! Heard nothing for two days. Called "Chase My Order" this morning and was eventually told that the problem was because I wanted Infinity 1 and already had fibre with TalkTalk! I thought Openreach handled all this! Was finally told to wait patiently while it was all sorted out.

Don't forget to breath!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Having heard nothing from BT about my order since 30th November, I decided to telephone and "chase my order" again.

After some discussion with a young lady, I've now been told that BT can't progress my order until I cancel my current package with TalkTalk - if I understood her correctly. I understood originally that BT handled everything, all I had to do was place the order. I've no particular wish to speak to TalkTalk on the 'phone as they would bend my ear with counter offers, etc., etc.

In addition, the young lady was unable to tell me what would happen if and when I managed to persuade TalkTalk to release the line, in the time period between stopping TalkTalk and BT recognising that they could now provide the service I've ordered. The pick up by BT would be automatic, if I understood correctly again!

I'm seriously considering giving up all together and staying with TalkTalk

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi IDontByte, 

Thanks for your post. I am sorry that this is not sorted yet. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Everyone. 

We managed to get this sorted after by placing new orders to transfer the service and everything is up and running now.

Neil

0 Ratings