cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Trying to order BT Infinity

I'm trying to order BT Infinity online, but I'm told that I can only have BT Broadband. 

When I put my details in Sky, I'm told that I can get Sky fibre no problem. I went back and checked my two neighbours' addresses either side, and they can both get the option to order BT Infinity.

I do not currently have a line connected to the pole outside, we're with Virgin who I want to leave. 

Can I not order a new line installation and get BT Infinity at the same time?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trying to order BT Infinity

Try calling customer options 0800 800 030 they should be able to help you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Phoned BT up. They maintain that because I don't currently have a line to the house, they can't be certain that they can provide BT Infinity, so I need to order BT Broadband and a line installation, and then upgrade to BT Infinity at a later date.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you need an active BT phone line first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Sky will accept an order for a new line and Sky Fibre to be installed in one go. Why would BT not do this when they're both being done by Openreach engineers? I'd much prefer BT as I want to get BT Sports.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Be careful about ordering phone + standard broadband with the aim of then upgrading to fibre. You might not then qualify for the same discounted fibre offers that new customers qualify for if you see what I mean. Try and get confirmation from BT in advance.

Do you actually have to order standard broadband? You could get the phone line activated on its own and then order fibre broadband. That might be simpler and mean you qualify for the best fibre offers? A possible problem is it might cost more in one-off fees if done separately. You'd need to check with BT.
0 Ratings