cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Trying to switch Iphone to another provider but locked to BT

Hi,

I'm trying to move my mum's phone over to another provided, it is an iphone and it won't accept the new sim. How do I get BT to unlock the iphone? Many thanks for any replies, much appreciated!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Trying to switch Iphone to another provider but locked to BT

this may help

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/manage-service/how-do-i-unlock-my-mobile-phone-or-tablet-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, that link was where I started off, you just go round in circles, there is never a point where it mentions ring this number or email this address? thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

then you need to phone 150 or 0800800150 from mobile 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Many thanks for the help, do you know if I can do this via messaging or email as the phone lines have very long waiting times at the moment. Also do you know if they will even be prepared to unlock the phone as it was bought originally from cex and I suspect was locked to EE on the sticker which is why it worked with a BT sim but not a SKY sim? much appreciated!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @zangl if it was originally locked by EE then you will need to contact EE directly to get it unlocked.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi, Yeah I'm sure that that was the case, was a while ago and bought from CEX, many thanks for all the replies, very much appreciated 🍻

0 Ratings