cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dacosta114
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Trying to work out best calling plan to use re: charges (broadband talk vs unlimited weekend)

hi, i've just upgraded to option 3 which comes with the broadband talk package.

from what i understand with broadband talk i get evening and weekend calls using the hub phone free

i'm also signed up to unlimited weekend calls with my normal landline

i'm trying to work out which phone to use during the day to make/receive calls ie the cheapest

am i correct in saying that the landline phone is 5.9p a min during the day and 1.5p in the evenings with free calls on sat/sun

whereas the bt talk hub phone would be 5.4p a min during the day, free in the evenings and at the weekend

which would mean the broadband talk hub phone would be cheaper to use regularly?

plus - why aren't the calls on the hub phone free to other hub phones users - or are they?

would appreciate some help just clarifying this.

thanks all 🙂

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
russianmonkey
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Trying to work out best calling plan to use re: charges (broadband talk vs unlimited weekend)

Hi Dacosta

The charges for standard BT Line rates are the same on Broadband Talk.

Both services charge 9.9p to connect a call (not included in the package,) and 5.9p per minute in the daytime and 1.5p per minute in the evening (if the evenings are not included.)

Your BT Line - Weekend Plan, free 01/02/03/0845/0870 at weekends only.

Your BT Broadband Talk Line - Evening & Weekend Plan, free 01/02/03/0845/0870 at evenings and weekends only.

Plus, if the hub phone is an 01 or 02 number, then 'technically' it would be free if it's called from your hub phone and in the evening or weekend.

0 Ratings
dacosta114
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Trying to work out best calling plan to use re: charges (broadband talk vs unlimited weekend)

hi, thanks for the reply. that confirms my thoughts but can anyone tell me why it's not free to call another hub phone from my hub phone when we're essentially talking voip to voip. this seems like BT's way of making sure we pay. if we were to use skype for example we wouldn't have to pay. why do BT not allow hub phones to be free calls between hub phones? this would be a great benefit for them and their customers and they wouldnt lose out because customers would need t be on X broadband package. seems to make sense to me.

0 Ratings
russianmonkey
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I'm thinking that as it's an 01 or 02 number, it'd be confusing for people for VOIP to VOIP.

I can see how people would get confused by it.

If all VOIP numbers were 04 numbers, then that would be different, and I'd 100% agree with you!
0 Ratings