cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 29

Re: Tuner problem....am at my wits end....

I see the thread is  marked solved but no indication that the original poster mikef problem has actually been resolved,

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 29

My bad I misread the post

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 29

No worries I've marked as unsolved again.

0 Ratings
derryviewer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

A core feature missing from the Youview platfrom is the ability to manally tune the boxes for a specific Freeview mux/channel.

Even £9.99 made in Hong Kong boxes from ebay have this feature, it's a glaring omission especially when the official Digital UK site suggests manual tuning if you are missing channels.

But from experience the latest BT Youview box is 10 times better than the current Talk Talk box, I moved from Talk Talk about 2 months ago and the BT box picks up a lot more Freeview channels and it is miles ahead as regards performance etc.

0 Ratings
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 29

So, since the problem came back I have been retuning several times a week in the hope that the problem would go away...and last Thursday I managed to get back Com7!!   

I have no idea what changed but I can see BBC4HD again, so I'm happy.

Hoping I dont have to retune ever again as there is a strong chance I may lose it if I do...   😉

0 Ratings
soulfulscotsman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Mike... forgiving me for digging up this old thread, but did you ever get this issue again? I installed my new Youview+ box this weekend, and not receiving a thing from the COM7 and COM8 muxes, despite receiving a strong solid signal from the Crystal Palace transmitter.

Trying to work through a process of elimination to get this resolved!

Cheers,

Stephen H

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 29

@soulfulscotsman  Do you  receive the Com 7 & Com 8 channels on your TV if you connect your aerial directly to the TV ?

When using your Youview box do you receive channel 8 London Live channel ? If so what is the signal strength and quality for that channel as measured by the Youview box  ?

Also is therre any possiblity that you have alternative transmitter(s)  that you could be getting reception from ?

0 Ratings
soulfulscotsman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 29

My TV doesn't isn't compatible with DVB-T2, so I definitely wouldn't be able to receive COM7 and COM8 directly on the TV.

I easily receive London Live on Channel 8. Signal strength 51%, Signal quality 100%

And I'm absolutely certain I'm receiving my signals from Crystal Palace only, no other transmitter.

Let me know if you need any more info. I appreciate your help!

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 29

Well one possibility is that your aerial was installed either before   the COM7 and Com8 multiplexes started broadcasting or as your TV was not capable of receiving them no check was made at that time that the aerial was perfectly positioned for those muxes.

As

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Crystal_Palace

shows those muxes are positioned with higher channel positions that the other 6 muxes so possibly an aerial repositioning or upgrade is necessary.

There are other possibilies --

0 Ratings