Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slayer1551
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Two weeks later 14 Mb speed and 4 missed engineer appointments

Go to solution

They are terrible aren't they.

On a side note they actually rang yesterday and told me that and engineer should come out between 1-6pm although I never got the usual text to my phone confirming this so we shall see if this is another wasted 5 hours wish me luck ! Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
MrMarf
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Fingers crossed! 

0 Ratings
MrMarf
Beginner
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

I've also now been promised an engineer visit this afternoon. We'll see.

0 Ratings
slayer1551
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Engineer just left and as I suspected he said the same thing the first guy did, the problem is the Aluminium wiring between the cabinet and the house and has logged the fault with BT but I have no hope in it being replaced as he told me about other areas he's been too and told BT Wholesale that the fault is the wiring we have to replace it with copper and they refuse too.

Should I keep trying to see if they will agree to replace it would the mods be able to help, the guy did say it looks like its in ducts and not buried under the ground so that will make it easier and I'm not that far from the cabinet, or did I hear people mention broadband with fibre which would be cheaper?

I don't know who to speak to because the people in India stick to the same script, yes sir you should get 27Mbps there seems to be a problem we will arrange an engineer visit everytime even though I tell them exactly what it is and needs to be done no one can put me through to who can authorize it or tell it it wont be done.

Its annoying that it was stable at 18Mbs for 3-4 days then went to under 15Mbs with 47 ping and the fact that I was told I should be able to get 27Mbps Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
slayer1551
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution
Just an update my case is now being dealt with from the Newcastle complaints department so hoping for a resolution and no more calls to the regular customer support yay
0 Ratings
grchif
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Hi - you marked this as solved which is great - how did they do it? Run a new cable?

0 Ratings
slayer1551
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

They are getting an engineer out to see what would need doing, I marked it as solved since I dont want the mods here to think I still need help since its now been assigned to a executive level complaints member in the uk. So I should get a definite yes or no if they will replace it rather than getting no where with the regular support team in india

0 Ratings