cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauls01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

U Torrent Throttling

Is it just me, or does it get throttles to as little as 5Kbs, when i normally have 600.  What a joke - Sky here we come....

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: U Torrent Throttling

Torrents are throttled by most isp's at peak times
0 Ratings
pauls01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

my next door neighbour on Sky isnt, same download, same unlimited package etc.

0 Ratings
Skeddy
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

In utorrent, got to preferences, then bittorrent section.

Set protocol encryption to either Enabled or forced.

Your speed should increase.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 17

@john46 wrote:
Torrents are throttled by most isp's at peak times

On Sky`s LLU exchanges, they do not throttle P2P.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 6 of 17

Thanks for this handy thread, if I don't get much joy for BT soon I will have a look to see if I can get sky instead, at the moment I have been finding it hard to find providers that I can get that are unliited downloads, even on a 1mbs line I have managed to get over the previous BT cap level of 300GB (not that them capping my line at peak times to 1Mbs when it was that anyway was much of a concern but it was amusing to get the emails).

Edited: Just checked, Sky only offer unliited package in some areas, elsewhere it is 40gb allowance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 17

If you are NOT in a sky cabled area then i would forget about moving to them, as they will only offer you a 40gig monthly allowance. A couple of the old Blu Ray movies and you're about done for the month.

Only sky have done away with the "fup" as far as i am aware but you have to be in their cabled area to get that package. 

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 8 of 17

Paul

if the throttle on P2P is causing you an issue for your legal dowloads (and penalising P2P but not things like Iplayer is very unfair) then there are possible alternatives depending on what you are downloading, for example I would imagine that usenet is not throttled and has the benefit of also allowing SSL connections.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 17

Correct , Usenet is not throttled   Smiley Tongue

I use it a lot

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 17

Hi, Sky is not a cable operator.

You can check on samknows site: http://www.samknows.com to see if your Exchange is ADSL2+ enabled and then check whether SKY is listed as a LLU Operator at the exchange. if so you can get an Unlimited package .

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings