cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: U Torrent Throttling

Hi Damian a couple of quick points SKY do not have a cable service and bt option 3 and option 2 infinity has no download limits sky's unlimited packages are only available at exchanges they have installed LLU equipment also a quick google you will find they have a fup like all other isps
0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 17

I thought i had read on google that one of the sky broadband packages didn't have a fair use policy. As for unlimited usage, all of them give you umlimited usage, they just throttle your connection at peak times when using p2p applications.

I am on BT option 3 and when i get above 97kbps i generally download a fair bit of stuff(all legal) anyway. But between 4pm and midnight my speeds were restricted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

no all isps have fups of some form
0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 17

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

If SKY do not have their equipment in the exchange so cannot provide LLU then you get SKY connect which has a usage limit of 40gb a month

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-options/broadband-connect/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 17

If it goes by the name of Sky Connect, i would walk very fast in the opposite direction!  You will also be contracted to use only the router they supply, not doing so breaks T &Cs.  Its also puzzled me with regards to unlimited download with Sky, if there was company that some p2p applications would affect then they would be top of my list!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 17 of 17

Sky does have an FUP but it makes little difference to most people, but they have no throttling of torrents and no download limit. Most exchanges have sky as an LLU so that shouldn’t be a problem. if your exchange does not have sky then yes steer well clear, though it is rare for exchanges to not have LLU's these days, only the small ones  haven’t and you won’t get anything good in that case. But yes i can recommend sky if you want to download torrents at all times of the day

0 Ratings