cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
witts
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

UFC on BT sport?

I've recently lost access to ESPN (I watch UFC events which are often aired at 1am).  Often in the past, I'd set these up to record, to watch the next day, but as I've just lost ESPN on BT Vision, it seems the only way I could watch this is online (Infinity is not yet available to me, despite being advertised as available in Oct last year).  

So, begrudgingly, I tried to install the BT Sport app on my computer, as I was advised that "Everything available on ESPN will be available, on demand, on BT Sport".  I tried to install the player, but kept getting errors with Silverlight (checking the forums, this seems to be an issue that various BT customers are suffering from - why Silverlight, why not HTML5???).

I eventually decide to try and watch it on my phone - I go to the BT sports page to look for UFC 163 to watch, and right there in front of me on the BT sports headline page, it tells me the results of the two biggest fights from UFC 163.  It totally ruins the fun of watching the fight if I know who is going to win it beforehand!  Not only this, it was impossible to navigate the site to where I could actually watch these fights, so the whole venture was fruitless in the first place!!

This is infuririating - I had been told in a phone call from BT that anything that woudl be available on ESPN should be available on BT Sport.  If this is the case and I'm not looking in the right place, could anyone advise if they've been able to watch UFC 163 on BT sport yet?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
JamesTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

UFC on demand

Ok I'm new to BT and not a happy bunny

Bought mainly for UFC coverage and expected to be able to record over night. Found these forums yesterday when trying to set up you view box so I could wake up this morning and realised it's not possible.

My question is when am I likely to see UFC 163 on demand the previous event i abailable, I understand it is repeated on espn on Monday at a more reasonable hour, but I doubt I will no hear the results before then.

Is anyone else shocked and annoyed about this, I am often out when footie is on, needs o be sorted out this, didn't think for a million years I wouldn't be able to record the sport.
0 Ratings
l2xe
Message 2 of 20

Re: UFC on demand

I just posted something similar. I thought you'd be able to watch it on demand through the player. I don't want to stay up till three in the morning to watch the fights, even tonights repeat doesn't end till two. 

0 Ratings
JamesTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

It is repeated on espn on Monday at nine if that helps but as I said I will know the results by then and it spoils it a little. I'm hoping it will be on the bt vision on demand at some point today, was really starting this thread to see how long it took the previous events to be available. I am watching UFC 162 with my son right now.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 20

I'm not familiar with the YouView box, but I read somewhere on here there was a technical issue with recording the multicast channels which will hopefully be resolved next month. Perhaps somebody on here with more knowledge could fill you in.

0 Ratings
geft78
Message 5 of 20

I swoppped my broadband specifically to be able to watch UFC events i thought i would be able to record the event or that it would be available in its entirety as an on demand video. I don't watch the event live at 3am i have a family! i used to record the events and watch at my leisue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 20

Re: UFC on BT sport?

They use Silverlight to stop people stealing the streams. I was watching UFC last night.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
witts
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

How did you manage to watch it?  I can't find it anywhere on the BT sport site

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 20

I went to http://sport.bt.com and clicked on "Watch Now" in the top RH corner. It was on ESPN and will be on tonight at 9.p.m.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
witts
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Ah right, can you watch it on demand though?  That's what I'd been told previously.  Either way, to have the results on the front page of the BT sports site is a huge spoiler 😐

0 Ratings