cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 20

Re: UFC on BT sport?

I think on demand is only available on BT TV - Youview or Vision, but there are a selection of videos on the BT Sport website. This is a bit confusingly written:

BT Sport on demand

Exclusive to BT TV customers! If you opt into BT Sport you’ll also be able to enjoy a selection of BT Sport on demand on your TV as well as on the app and online player. You can catch up on sporting moments you may have missed first time around, re-live your favourite bits, or watch some of the great shows on offer with presenters such as Clare Balding.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 12 of 20

UFC was live at 3 am on Sunday morning (BT Sport 1) and repeated at 11 pm on Sunday evening (BT Sport 2).

Unfortunately I cannot find a way to watch it on demand online, which is a shame considering the very unsociable hours of the live broadcast.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 13 of 20

Re: UFC on demand

@geft78 wrote:

I swoppped my broadband specifically to be able to watch UFC events i thought i would be able to record the event or that it would be available in its entirety as an on demand video. I don't watch the event live at 3am i have a family! i used to record the events and watch at my leisue.

I agree, expecting online only customers to watch at 3 am on Sunday is unreasonable, and screening the repeat at 11 pm on Sunday isn't much better. Why can't we watch it on demand at any time on Sunday?

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Darren_G
Beginner
Message 14 of 20

I watched the whole event 😛
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 20

Re: UFC on demand

@Hunter2660 wrote:

I'm not familiar with the YouView box, but I read somewhere on here there was a technical issue with recording the multicast channels which will hopefully be resolved next month. Perhaps somebody on here with more knowledge could fill you in.

Well this is what it says on the BTTV Sport product page, so hopefully it will be sorted for you on the Youview box soon.

Note: YouView customers with BT Infinity will not be able to pause, rewind or record the BT Sport or Extra TV Channels. This functionality will be available within a few weeks of the launch of BT Sport.

I recorded UFC 163 on my BT Vision+ box, but haven't watched it yet. Thanks JameTB for the warning about BT blurting out the result on the sport page. I'll avoid that for now.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

I feel your pain. Shocked at how poor the BT launch has been and how little support for UFC there has been. I also assumed that the online player would show on demand. 163 isn't even on demand yet! They need to put on demand by midday latest as the recordings fail sometimes. Causes me to resort to piracy, which ruins it a bit. I recommend feedback and complaints to BT!
0 Ratings
witts
Beginner
Message 17 of 20

MichaelDavies587, I'm the same, at least, I would resort to piracy, if my ruddy internet speeds were fast enough!  UFC 164 will have been and gone by the time I download 163!!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

It would be a good idea if BT made UFC events viewable in its video section the following morning (without displaying the results). Most people won't stay up all night to watch it, and the repeat will be shown too late for some people (they're usually 3 hr. broadcasts). 

The UFC was a big reason I chose BT Sport, but watching it online is not proving to be convenient.

0 Ratings
JamesTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Still not available on demand. Pretty annoyed. Watched all the fights on the Monday on espn but really want to watch some of the fights again especially the machida davis fight as I can't work out how he lost even with the take downs.

Have to say the coverage of footie has surpassed my expectations. Thought the premier league review was really good and surprised how could Hargreaves and james were as pundits, no so sure about Owen, but mostly happy, and they seem to be trying new things.
0 Ratings
JamesTB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Btw, why was my post merged. The original post was just about the UFC, mine was a question to previous espn subscribers about how long it may take to be on demand. Don't really think a merge was needed here, and this in general is very annoying and unhelpful in my opinion.
0 Ratings