Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beechyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

UHD Channel 434

Go to solution

I recently upgraded to the Total Entertainment package to take advantage of UHD of my new Samsung UHD TV (BT approved). A Humax DTRT 400 box was installed on 9th February.

All of the extra channels are available except that I have been trying to view channel 434 now for several days to no avail. The call centre has been through several box resets but I still get the message that I need to upgrade! They have stopped ringing me now.

Additionally  'My BT' is unable to display 'My Products' and 'My Extras'. I don't think I should have to pay the extra charge until I get all of the channels, 434 included. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
PaddyB
Message 2 of 13

Re: UHD Channel 434

Go to solution

Hi @beechyboy,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Pirate983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Did you get any response or solution? I'm having a complete nightmare with BT with very similar problems as you

0 Ratings
beechyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Still awaiting a reply. 48 hour response time is up today!

Can't help thinking that since I updated my package to Total Entertainment there is a conflict between missing detail in 'My Products' & 'My Extras' in 'My BT' and the fact that I can't get UHD channel 43 on my new Samsung box. Incidentally I get Netfix in UHD so it ain't the tv.

0 Ratings
beechyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
Sorry channel 434
0 Ratings
Pirate983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

All a little worrying this Total Entertainment. Seems people are having nothing but trouble and BT are not sorting it out. I can see 434 along with all the Extra Channels & BT Sport BUT my problem is none of them work in HD, when I select it says I don't have subscription for them. According to BT I do have Total Entertainment and they have kindly billed me as such but like you I can't see my package in My BT as the TV section is just blank! Oh, btw although I can see 434 in the listing it too says I need a subscription to watch it. I know it's not my TV or Infinity connection either as the BT Player speed test says I'm fine for HD & UHD streaming. Keep us posted on how you get on. I'm still waiting for a call back today but I'm not confident anything will be resolved.

0 Ratings
delliott
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
I got my uhd box yesterday & 434 is working & bt sports HD channels are but other such as history & nat Geo are saying I am not subscribed in hd only sd but they were working last week in hd on my g4 youview box.
0 Ratings
Pirate983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Update from me. Today had numerous calls and web chat to BT (again!) trying to explain to them that they need to sort my problem. Eventually after nearly 3 hours, yes 3 hours of web chat and phone calls I was put through from Customer Options to the special technical support team in Newcastle (yay UK techie) and spoke to a very very helpful lady called Janice who managed to virtually fix my problem in less than 10 minutes. She said the problem is my account is messed up over years of wrong updates by BT (somehow) and everything was confused in the 'system'. By resetting things I rebooted the Youview box and voila Ultra HD Channel 434 started working along with all the other HD channels. Just a couple more tweaks needed tomorrow to get the final bits fixed on my corrupt account and all should be fine. Checked this evening and other channels now working OK in HD (had a minor prob wiht BT Sports 2 HD). So, if you have problems go to BT Help, select Orders and choose to web chat. The ask to be put through to the techies in BT Newcastle. 🙂

0 Ratings
beechyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Still not heard from Paddy B moderator. I've fired off a further pm and given them until tomorrow before I write to the Chairman of BT and the Ombudsman services for Communications.

Just been billed for Total Entertainment package which I can't get in full!

Next job is to suspend my direct debit!!

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @beechyboy Thanks for posting and I understand your frustration and I'm sorry for the delay in us getting back to you. 

I have checked and you have completed 2 forms and they are in our queue and we will contact you as soon as we can and I am confident that we will resolve this for you.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings