cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Detection
Contributor
Message 881 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

I never really thought about it, just clicked when I saw someone talking about the green box lol

0 Ratings
Jay1988
Contributor
Message 882 of 1,731

0 Ratings
asm86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 883 of 1,731

Cant help but make my first post here due to the sheer adulation I am feeling with BT at the moment. I have not been a BT customer for long but I am incredibly happy with my Infinity service. I had the engineers words of an imminent upgrade ringing in my ears this morning when I got my first paper bill and signed up for MY BT. Spotted this thread and thought heck what's the harm of trying for a free speed upgrade. Delighted to see that I was predicted 67 down and 20 up, should be completed by tomorrow. Incredible to think that only a month or so ago I was fixed at 1meg download with Talktalk thinking there was no hope for modern broadband for me here in rural Staffordshire. For about £10 pounds more a month I may soon be near 70meg!!! Wowzer, hats off to BT, I really am in dreamland. And btw these forums are great.

D-ave
Expert
Message 884 of 1,731

@Alan63 wrote:

'cabinet' is the green metal box on the street.

Unless you are in a VM cable area, 75% of them in my area belong to them!

0 Ratings
Mike_RB
Beginner
Message 885 of 1,731

Just done the upgrade online.  Anyone know if it will affect any discounts?  I'm on a £6 off for the first three months.

0 Ratings
Annie_UK
Contributor
Message 886 of 1,731

@Mike_RB wrote:

Just done the upgrade online.  Anyone know if it will affect any discounts?  I'm on a £6 off for the first three months.

There is no change to the price you pay, I too get £6 off for the first 3 months 🙂

Annie

BT Halo 2 (71Mb Down / 19Mb UP)
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 887 of 1,731

@Mike_RB wrote:

Good thinking there, I thought long and hard about that before signing up to the free upgrade. Not only is there the initial discount to consider but also the package price has changed, it was £25+ line rental in Feb (£20 for 3 months) when I signed up and now it is £26.

But I do not think they can legitimately charge the new contract price, due to the way their upgrade notices are worded, I fully expect no change in what I pay them. I have a copy. 😉

0 Ratings
MarkE1981
Aspiring Contributor
Message 888 of 1,731

Seems my previous posts can be taken with a pinch of salt.  Despite the order process telling me I will be given a new 12mth contract the confirmation states 18mthSmiley Sad  Nether mind I was expecting 18mth and was surprised when it was showing 12mth seems its back to reality.

0 Ratings
MarkE1981
Aspiring Contributor
Message 889 of 1,731

@Annie_UK wrote:

@Mike_RB wrote:

There is no change to the price you pay, I too get £6 off for the first 3 months 🙂

I was option 1 with the half price for 3 month (£9) off.  I am only 1 mth in and have decided to upgrade to option 2.  Would I loose my discounts for being a new customer?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 890 of 1,731

Here's what I get on a full 80/20 sync...

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1334244767&v=

The above test is what I always get on that site, upload sometimes higher, so I know for a fact my connection is running perfectly. Compare that with this test ran seconds later. 100% proof that speedtests mean JACK! 

Both tests ran from the same computer connected via Ethernet within about 30 seconds of each other 🙂

And for thoroughness and to add to my argument that the BT speedtester isn't functioning correctly - 

speedtest.png

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings