Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Detection
Contributor
Message 1281 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

@stelee wrote:

Ive sent Mod David a message, saying i think there was an error in the process last night, i am about 180m or less from the cab, with 38/8.5 pre upgrade, and now 60/15!!.  I have seen people who are 4km from the cab get the same speedtest results on here..... 

Hope they can have a look and tweak me up 🙂

The cab is about 100m from me and somehow I can't hit the full upload speed

0 Ratings
julesandsand
Contributor
Message 1282 of 1,731

The cab is 10 metres from my property and I've gone from 38/8.5 to 49/14 so that's a big disappointment, hopefully it'll increase in a day or 2,

0 Ratings
cardrona10
Contributor
Message 1283 of 1,731

Morning guys - big problem at my end can anyone help ? Internet went off last night just after 12am as Webby had predicted and I thought great this is it.

Sadly though my service has failed to reconnect and now has a red light showing  on the broadband. I have tried all the resetting and powering off stuff but to no avail.

I have spoken to technical support in India who say they cannot help as my order is still pending

They put me through to orders dept in UK who said we can't help you as your order is pending. You'll have to untiil after midnght tonight (which means 9am tomorrow) by which time I will have had no service for 36 hours. Only a 2 minute disruption to service was indicated when I placed the order.

Any help gratefully received. 

Btw I am limping along on BT Fon at the minute so may find it difficult to post. 

0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 1284 of 1,731

@Detection wrote:

@stelee wrote:

Ive sent Mod David a message, saying i think there was an error in the process last night, i am about 180m or less from the cab, with 38/8.5 pre upgrade, and now 60/15!!.  I have seen people who are 4km from the cab get the same speedtest results on here..... 

Oh haha... looking at the download speed, i think that is the top end of what you can get, the upload speed is lower on most profiles, yes set higher as bt profile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 1285 of 1,731

@cardrona10 wrote:

Morning guys - big problem at my end can anyone help ? Internet went off last night just after 12am as Webby had predicted and I thought great this is it.

Sadly though my service has failed to reconnect and now has a red light showing  on the broadband. I have tried all the resetting and powering off stuff but to no avail.

I have spoken to technical support in India who say they cannot help as my order is still pending

They put me through to orders dept in UK who said we can't help you as your order is pending. You'll have to untiil after midnght tonight (which means 9am tomorrow) by which time I will have had no service for 36 hours. Only a 2 minute disruption to service was indicated when I placed the order.

Any help gratefully received. 

Btw I am limping along on BT Fon at the minute so may find it difficult to post. 

Is the light orange, or red?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
Cryin5freeman
Contributor
Message 1286 of 1,731

Nice speed dude, you should be paying more for that Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Detection
Contributor
Message 1287 of 1,731

@stelee wrote:

@Detection wrote:

@stelee wrote:

Oh haha... looking at the download speed, i think that is the top end of what you can get, the upload speed is lower on most profiles, yes set higher as bt profile.

lol, that was with Chrome, with FF I get around 74k - 75k for some reason, not sure which one is true

EDIT - I think Chrome tells lies, IE9 tells me 74940 kbps too

0 Ratings
cardrona10
Contributor
Message 1288 of 1,731

Its red

0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 1289 of 1,731

cardrona10 - I've made a post here about this problem. Please send your details - if the form doesn't go anywhere please try again in a while, we're working on getting it fixed.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
biz1988
Contributor
Message 1290 of 1,731

My download spped has gone down from 30mb to 25 and my upload has change even tho the profile has changed to 20mb great!!

0 Ratings