Did you mean: 
Detection
Contributor
Message 1331 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

@Webby wrote:

@julesandsand wrote:

Well I was talking tosh about my speeds earlier,

I am getting 75Mbps connected directly to the router, 52Mbps via powerline adapters (200Mbps) and 25Mbps wirelessly.

I didn't think the powerline adapters would cause that much of an overhead (it was only down by 1.5Mbps pre upgrade)

I've about 6 of these on my network, I'll try switching a couple off and see what effect that has.

I only get about 48mbps on mine, they're devolo ones rated at 200mpbs. 

It doesn't really fuss me as 48meg is more than enough for my PS3 and laptop requirements which I use the powerlines for!

Yea I'm the same, everything wireless is mainly for browsing really, so long as this wired machine is quick I'm ok, the only Wireless N device I have is my Android Tablet, but that never connects higher than 65mbps anyway so I still can't test !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 1332 of 1,731

@Detection wrote:

@Webby wrote:

@julesandsand wrote:

Well I was talking tosh about my speeds earlier,

I am getting 75Mbps connected directly to the router, 52Mbps via powerline adapters (200Mbps) and 25Mbps wirelessly.

I didn't think the powerline adapters would cause that much of an overhead (it was only down by 1.5Mbps pre upgrade)

I've about 6 of these on my network, I'll try switching a couple off and see what effect that has.

I only get about 48mbps on mine, they're devolo ones rated at 200mpbs. 

It doesn't really fuss me as 48meg is more than enough for my PS3 and laptop requirements which I use the powerlines for!

Yea I'm the same, everything wireless is mainly for browsing really, so long as this wired machine is quick I'm ok, the only Wireless N device I have is my Android Tablet, but that never connects higher than 65mbps anyway so I still can't test !

This is it, if it works for what I'm doing I couldnt' care less what "the number" is. 

If I'm doingloading something, I normally just use wireless unless it's a blu-ray or a game which are 20gig+ then I tend to whack the cable in.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nayan89
Contributor
Message 1333 of 1,731

Speed has now dropped to 20mb, this is worrying me quite a bit now, I'm getting a few random disconnects too. I hope it'll be sorted today, really looking forward to the 70mb+ speeds.

0 Ratings
Dicka5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1334 of 1,731

There is a bedding in period guys, the line has to settle. Calm your passions.

Mines not going through until Tuesday but I've been quoted 80/20 on all checkers and already get 37/8. L
0 Ratings
Highlighted
lazyllama
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1335 of 1,731

Hoping the bedding down is causing what I'm seeing.

Went from 36/8 up to 2/16.

Estimate given was 76/20.

Also for a time this morning I was getting the "If you see this screen you're using the test profile/not logged in" message.

I'll leave it a few days to settle but after it taking 5 visits to get Infinity installed in the first place, I hope I don't need to contact BT.

Having said that, I phoned for the upgrade yesterday lunchtime and it was activated over night.

0 Ratings
Detection
Contributor
Message 1336 of 1,731

Now I have super speeds, I have nothing to download !

0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 1337 of 1,731

I just got a rouge reading of this, i wonder wether someone is correcting it to this speed below 🙂

Ive done subsequent tests and its less, whatever someone did it worked for that moment.

Ill keep looking 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
wil556
Beginner
Message 1338 of 1,731

After resetting everything I am still only getting 15/13 when I had 38/8 last night, what the heck is going on?!?!?

0 Ratings
Detection
Contributor
Message 1339 of 1,731

People, today is the first day that the new speeds are being rolled out, expect the unexpected

If it doesn't sort itself out 10 days after you are meant to have the new speeds, then start asking questions, until then things are going to be all over the place for some

stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 1340 of 1,731

Now 65-69 again that nice reading

If a mod can keep it as above in pic that will be great!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings