Message 1341 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

Try download 1000 copies of Ubuntu 11

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 1342 of 1,731

I downloaded the whole internets, twice, in one day.

True story.

😛
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
asm86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1343 of 1,731

Hi everyone,

Mine has gone from this yesterday

BT Test.png

To this today tested at 2:20pm

So definitely something has happened for me but can't help but feel somehow disappointed with 'only' that much of an increase (I know terrible ain't it) I have rebooted my OR modem and Hub, hasn't changed anything. I was estimated 67 down and 20 up yesterday. Has anyone else still got much lower speeds than they were estimated?

Also can anyone else tell me if they can run the diagnostics test at www.speedtester.bt.com? I just get error occured, cant find out my IP profile, it is not displayed in the Hub's interface anywhere is it?

Finally can someone enlighten me as to what MGt cover in regards to BT as they just called my house phone on their behalf but I missed the cal and cant call it back. Thanks

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 1344 of 1,731

@asm86 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Mine has gone from this yesterday

BT Test.png

To this today tested at 2:20pm

So definitely something has happened for me but can't help but feel somehow disappointed with 'only' that much of an increase (I know terrible ain't it) I have rebooted my OR modem and Hub, hasn't changed anything. I was estimated 67 down and 20 up yesterday. Has anyone else still got much lower speeds than they were estimated?

Also can anyone else tell me if they can run the diagnostics test at www.speedtester.bt.com? I just get error occured, cant find out my IP profile, it is not displayed in the Hub's interface anywhere is it?

Finally can someone enlighten me as to what MGt cover in regards to BT as they just called my house phone on their behalf but I missed the cal and cant call it back. Thanks

Speedtest.net can give odd results depending on the server you test from.

Can you run one at www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk.

If you were using a wireless connection, please do a test using Ethernet. Wireless N will top out at about 45mbps throughput even though it will connect a lot higher.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
lightspeed
Beginner
Message 1345 of 1,731

Was on 38/8 and only went to 50/14. Very dissapointed as Ive had infinity for 2 years now and have got tied in for another year for such a small increase! Will ba contacting BT to undo this so called upgrade so I can go elsewhere! Myy line was rated at 68Mb download but bt set the IP profile at 55Mb which gives me the 50Mb i now recieve!

0 Ratings
asm86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1346 of 1,731

Thanks for replying Webby yeah both of those tests are wired with an ethernet cable. The bbmax tester shows similar down and up streams: http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1334322347&v=15537963

0 Ratings
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 1347 of 1,731

@lightspeed wrote:

Was on 38/8 and only went to 50/14. Very dissapointed as Ive had infinity for 2 years now and have got tied in for another year for such a small increase! Will ba contacting BT to undo this so called upgrade so I can go elsewhere! Myy line was rated at 68Mb download but bt set the IP profile at 55Mb which gives me the 50Mb i now recieve!

Your not going to get higher elsewhere.

kalato
Contributor
Message 1348 of 1,731

How long does it take for the upgrade to rake affect? I phoned this morning and the women said it would take affect straight away but I know it doesn't.
0 Ratings
biz1988
Contributor
Message 1349 of 1,731

Think yourselfs lucky my speed has gone down by 5mb. also my order has gone off my bt online account and it still says my old package under my services i rang bt and they said it takes up to three days to complete but my completion day was today is this true do i have to wait three days?? just seems many people on here have notice a change already. I done a speed test and this is wht i got

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 4 Mbps

0 Mbps25.5 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 4 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-25.5 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 25.5 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 7.36 Mbps

0 Kbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.36Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 1350 of 1,731

@biz1988 wrote:

Think yourselfs lucky my speed has gone down by 5mb. also my order has gone off my bt online account and it still says my old package under my services i rang bt and they said it takes up to three days to complete but my completion day was today is this true do i have to wait three days?? just seems many people on here have notice a change already. I done a speed test and this is wht i got

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 4 Mbps

0 Mbps25.5 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 4 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-25.5 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 25.5 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 7.36 Mbps

0 Kbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.36Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

Hate to break it buddy but you'll not see an increase in speed. You'd only see an increase if you were achieving a connection rate of 40meg (and IP profile of 38.7)

Can you run a test on www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk with an ethernet connection to see what your speed it? The BT speedtester is only useful for the IP profile at the moment, seems to be some issues with it.

0 Ratings