cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan63
Expert
Message 1541 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

could be the DLM adjusting line to give you balance of speed and stabiilty. it may continue to move a bit.

the line may be able to give more speed but not reliably or consistently so... so the dynamic line mgt system automatically adjusts to give you the best speed that's reliable and consistent .

bit like driving a car at high revs all the time - you don't want to do it. (is that a really bad analogy??). i'm sure there are others on the forum who can elaborate or correct me here

<edit : Webby just did !!>

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 1542 of 1,731

@chrisdman wrote:

Hi everyone,

Got enabled in the early hours of this morning, was getting 38/8 before and now getting 40/14.

I was expecting to get more....

I have re-booted the router as advised but still getting the same results.

Any ideas if it will jump up to the expected 60/70+

Thanks,

Chris.

What were you predicted when you upgraded?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 1543 of 1,731

@Webby wrote:

@Mister_C wrote:
I'm a bit baffled with my speed results. When I had the upgrade done last Friday my IP profile was approximately 72.19 Mbps ( I can't remember the actual number ). I was getting download speeds of around 70 Mbps. The last couple of days my speed has gone down to around 62Mbps. I just checked my IP profile and it's now saying 64.85 Mbps. The estimate in the BT checker before the upgrade was 63.5/20. Does this all sound right. I don't understand why my IP profile has been reduced. Is this an indication of a problem ?

Like ADSL, when your line initally connected on the new up to 80 profile the SNR would have been set to 6. More than likely some "noise" has been detected by DLM so it's increased your SNR margin which has brought your connection rate down. DLM favours stability over speed. You're at what you were estimated  - just enjoy it 🙂

Fair enough. Out of interest is this something that may change again in time for the good or the bad or is it likely to stay where it is ?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 1544 of 1,731

Yep, DLM stands for dynamic line management which means it's always monitoring your line for changes.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 1545 of 1,731

@Webby wrote:
Yep, DLM stands for dynamic line management which means it's always monitoring your line for changes.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
trevboughton
Contributor
Message 1546 of 1,731

Am I Mad?

Currently my line gets around 37 megabits down and 7 up.

IP Profile for your line is - 38.4 Mbps

Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

I checked what speed I should get on upgrade and have got the following results:

BT Infinity Superfast fibre optic broadbandSuperfast fibre optic broadbandGreat news! You are eligible for superfast BT Infinity.

36.9Mb download
5.9Mb upload
Now

Anyway clearly I am mental and have just extended my contract by 5 months to upgrade to the lower spped, in the hopes it suprises me pleasantly.

0 Ratings
Dicka5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1547 of 1,731

Anyone else supposed to be going live tonight?
0 Ratings
Diggsy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1548 of 1,731

Will be watching with interest to see what speeds you get as this is what the checker quotes me too, and me speeds are the same as yours currently.

0 Ratings
trevboughton
Contributor
Message 1549 of 1,731

I go live on Wednesday, so I will post back Thursday! I hope I have signed 5 months over for nothing..
0 Ratings
chrisdman
Beginner
Message 1550 of 1,731

@Webby wrote:

@chrisdman wrote:

Hi everyone,

Got enabled in the early hours of this morning, was getting 38/8 before and now getting 40/14.

I was expecting to get more....

I have re-booted the router as advised but still getting the same results.

Any ideas if it will jump up to the expected 60/70+

Thanks,

Chris.

What were you predicted when you upgraded?

It said 44mb on the site but i assumed this was an under-estimate.

Thanks,

0 Ratings