cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nayan89
Contributor
Message 1641 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

Had to unlock it, not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here for doing so? If not I can PM you it if you want
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 1642 of 1,731

Your SNR margin is massively high. That'll be the reason for your low connection rate.

I suspect you need an engineers visit mate as something is causing lots of noise interference on your line.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
julesandsand
Contributor
Message 1643 of 1,731

Thanks but I won't mess about with my kit in case (as is likely) I **bleep** it up.

0 Ratings
nayan89
Contributor
Message 1644 of 1,731

Thank you Webby, that does sound very possible. I had an issue with noise interference on the line when I first had Infinity installed and the engineer told me this. When he was here he rang up someone and made some adjustments to the line and it was fixed, I'm guessing the same thing is happening now since the upgrade process.

0 Ratings
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 1645 of 1,731

Who do I send a tweet to in twitter??
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 1646 of 1,731

@btcare
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 1647 of 1,731

@nayan89 wrote:

Thank you Webby, that does sound very possible. I had an issue with noise interference on the line when I first had Infinity installed and the engineer told me this. When he was here he rang up someone and made some adjustments to the line and it was fixed, I'm guessing the same thing is happeninga. now since the upgrade process.

Yeah it looks that way bud.

I don't know what changes in SNR correlate to for VDSL like I do fo ADSL but one thing I do know, is that it will be having an affect!

0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 1648 of 1,731

@btcare won't do anything until ten days are up that's what they told me
0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 1649 of 1,731

Bt speed checker today says ip profile still 42/20 down speed 0 up speed 7 my ten days are up tomorrow will @btcare be working tomorrow !!!!!
0 Ratings
martpu
Expert
Message 1650 of 1,731

@Webby wrote:

@nayan89 wrote:

Thank you Webby, that does sound very possible. I had an issue with noise interference on the line when I first had Infinity installed and the engineer told me this. When he was here he rang up someone and made some adjustments to the line and it was fixed, I'm guessing the same thing is happeninga. now since the upgrade process.

Yeah it looks that way bud.

I don't know what changes in SNR correlate to for VDSL like I do fo ADSL but one thing I do know, is that it will be having an affect!

Webby,

Is there any way of checking your SNR without hacking into the modem fella?

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings