cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalato
Contributor
Message 1671 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

I've unlocked the modem but does anyone know how to use the lan1 for my homehub and lan2 for my main PC? Lan1 is bridged for the homehub but I cant seem to get an internet connection for lan2 I have however managed to get an IP on lan2 for my main PC so I can login but still cant get an internet connection, it does want a username and password for infinity login but I dont have one? only one is the bthomehub@btbroadband.com with no password but that doesnt work.

Cheers

0 Ratings
killersmithstar
Contributor
Message 1672 of 1,731

There is very detailed intructions here ***edited***

But the only thing missing is the **bleep** software link!!  It's really annoying that the stupid Hauwei has a load of rubbish but no obvious way to download it!

0 Ratings
kalato
Contributor
Message 1673 of 1,731

0 Ratings
killersmithstar
Contributor
Message 1674 of 1,731

@kalato wrote:
prt32: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6wW18mYskvBYzQ5NDg5YjgtNzJlZi00MzE2LTliNDQtMTA0NGFmM2ZiMTU0/edit?pl...

Thank you I will give it a try and come up with a solution if I can 🙂

0 Ratings
prt32
Contributor
Message 1675 of 1,731

will give it a go later tonight i think.
Thank you for the info
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 1676 of 1,731

It's worth bookmarking the links as I'm pretty sure BT will take them down once they know they are on this thread

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 1677 of 1,731

Upgrade has became a bit of a joke. Many users reporting higher pings and hardly ever acheiving max speed on downloads. Hope BT are working on this and upgrading bandwidth.

0 Ratings
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 1678 of 1,731

Just flashed my modem and get the following stats:-

BT.JPG

My download connection currently maxes out at 49.42Mbps - from the modem stats surely I should be getting more like 60Mbps (my estimation was 60.2Mbps) My upload estimation was 20Mbps but only getting about 8Mbps

0 Ratings
martpu
Expert
Message 1679 of 1,731

@DS wrote:

It's worth bookmarking the links as I'm pretty sure BT will take them down once they know they are on this thread

It's a shame that people have to hack the modem to obtain their stats as this would probably diagnose a lot of the issues that have arisen since the upgrade if they were readily available as opposted to wasting countless hours speaking to BT Tech Support and being fobbed off with some lame excuse.

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
Infinitechris
Expert
Message 1680 of 1,731

ady199 That screen is a little deceptive as the web interface does not report totally correctly you need to use the telnet interface to see the full stats. The max attainable rate is an estimation at a low SNR margin (roughly 3dB) while your system is working at 6dB which seems to be the lowest that the DSLAMs are allowing. Reducing the SNR margin further can cause the line to become unstable and the connection drop - generally a slightly lower speed is better than an unstable connection.

0 Ratings