cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McYak
Message 1711 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

Yea I'm not doing this, been with BT for years and have been caught by rolling contracts then a new 18month contract for infinity.  I've four months left and am expected to 'voluntarily' sign up to double my speeds, for what another 18months? Name me one server that allows you to achieve anywhere near 40Mbps never mind 80.

For those who say it's business, good point they're losing mine, I'm sure there's plenty of other people nearing end of contract thinking the same.  BT Infinity in rural areas is fantastic, this gimmick has certainly put me off especially now I pay the same for what others get double of.

Another contract may not seem like a big thing, but when you're repeatedly not informed of said contract it gets annoying! I'm glad it was made clear this time round, other providers are no better but at least they're cheaper!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 1712 of 1,731

Newsgroups allow you to max out your bandwidth, get almost 10Mbit/s and it what I use to get most of my content. Can get ~36gig an hour all day every day.

Very few other ISP's are cheaper than BR for FTTC connections considering option 2 is unlimited.

Rolling contracts were banned years ago.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 1713 of 1,731

@Webby wrote:
Newsgroups allow you to max out your bandwidth, get almost 10Mbit/s and it what I use to get most of my content. Can get ~36gig an hour all day every day.

Very few other ISP's are cheaper than BR for FTTC connections considering option 2 is unlimited.

Rolling contracts were banned years ago.

Webby what usenet client do you use to download?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 1714 of 1,731

Uzbin
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
asfish
Contributor
Message 1715 of 1,731

I've had the 80\20 for around 10 days now

The speed has gone up a little, I now get 65\16 from 62\15 and DL speeds has increased by 300k or so

I also note that my profile has changed from 65 to 68 now

So I guess this is something to be said for waiting 10 days!

Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 1716 of 1,731

Just searched for uzbin and can't seem to find that program. You sure you've spelt it right?

Edit: I guess you meant unzbin 🙂 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 1717 of 1,731

Aye sorry, was early this morning 😉
0 Ratings
Rizzler78
Beginner
Message 1718 of 1,731

Have upgraded my Infinity and was estmated 75/20. My ten day training period is over and i would say my average speeds are around 45/10, sometimes in the high 20s for download.

I was able to get 74 with an ethernet connection but it isnt convenient to use an ethernet connection all the time. Is it possible to get 60+ mb/s wirelessly?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 1719 of 1,731

Not really mate. My wireless is maxed out at about 42ish.
Rizzler78
Beginner
Message 1720 of 1,731

Thanks for that, being a bit greedy, a year ago i was getting 5mb/s ! Ran a check there and got 62 mb/s wirelessly.

Sidenote - Is http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ reliable?
0 Ratings