Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

thanks for all the info

i have now registered for the faster speed

0 Ratings
farmergiles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 1,731

This is ridiculous! Stop upgrading all the people who already have sodding fibre optic speeds to stupidly high speeds. How about getting the little people who don't even have fibre optic yet on to Infinity FIRST!? I mean hell, you're barely going to notice 40MB-80MB considering it's already stupidly fast as it is. But people do notice the difference between 2MB and 40MB!

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 1,731

That's life!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 25 of 1,731

Also the speed uplift was a minor upgrade it was some firmware changed at the cabinet to allow the 17a profile and to change a software cap.

A tiny cost compared to the price rolling out a cabinet, and I assume that BT wanted the 17a profile ages ago it was they were waiting for OFCOM to give the go ahead.

0 Ratings
MattUK
Contributor
Message 26 of 1,731

According to thinkbroadband it launches April 10 and will cost only £3.05 more per month (Seems cheap if its true, maybe thats wholesale)

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5087-openreach-releases-up-to-80-mbps-vdsl2-in-april.html

0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 27 of 1,731

think thats wholesale or something else i heard it might cost about £31 p/m but i guess only time will tell 🙂
JamJar62
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 1,731

That's the price that OR charge their customers (Wholesale)
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 29 of 1,731

@MattUK wrote:

According to thinkbroadband it launches April 10 and will cost only £3.05 more per month (Seems cheap if its true, maybe thats wholesale)

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5087-openreach-releases-up-to-80-mbps-vdsl2-in-april.html

As the other replies have said, but the price quoted of £3.05 extra per month can be misleading. BT and other ISPs can and will reclaim the VAT paid to Openreach so the true cost to them is £2.55 a month. If they choose to offer 80/20 as a free upgrade, that is all it will cost them. If they decide to charge extra, they will have to add VAT onto whatever extra they charge, for us the consumers to pay (but as now, they will include that VAT in the published product price).

So if they did offer free upgrades (unlikely though it may be), it wouldn't be as much of a cost to them as you might think.

0 Ratings
borris12
Expert
Message 30 of 1,731

i have BT Infinity broadband

BT Vision + Sky Sports

BT phone line

i think i pay enough to get the upgrade for nothing even though it is supposed to be only £3.05

0 Ratings