Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cameron1590
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: UPS what size?

Hi pal,

Thanks for info think il get the 650 model as it would give me around 40mins back up at 75watts.

Do I just need a four way power strip now and change the 3 pin plug for a kettle lead ?

Cameron
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Mine has standard mains sockets on the front, but it looks like the one you are thinking about has IEC sockets on the back, which it a bit inconvenient, as you will have to chage the plug as you say.

This would be a better one, as its the same design as mine.

APC Back-UPS ES 700 UPS - AC 230V / 405W / 700VA / 8 Output Connector(s)

I have the APC Back-UPS ES 550 UPS AC 230 V 330 Watt 550 VA 8 Output Connector(s)

APC Back-UPS ES 700 UPS - AC 230V / 405W / 700VA / 8 Output Connector(s)

0 Ratings
cameron1590
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

Hi, Thanks for the info have found a few of these so will look into it more. Would you recommend what some other guys have done with these ? Where they connect up two marine batts instead of the two small internal batts ? I have not really got the space at the moment but just wondered for future upgrade purposes. Cameron
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

@cameron1590 wrote:
Hi, Thanks for the info have found a few of these so will look into it more. Would you recommend what some other guys have done with these ? Where they connect up two marine batts instead of the two small internal batts ? I have not really got the space at the moment but just wondered for future upgrade purposes. Cameron

I would not recommend this, as the unit is not designed to operate for a long time, and may overheat.

It would also invalidate any guarantee.

0 Ratings