cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

UPnP problems after Infinity installation with BT Home Hub 4

Hello, we've just had BT Infinity installed finally along with the new Home Hub 4, and everything seemed well with the speeds being fantastic, but what's been really bugging me over the last few days is the UPnP issues i've been having with my PC. The problem is my PC doesn't seem to be working with UPnP since I'm trying to get Open NAT on a Call of Duty on PC and the UPnP setting enabled in the Hub, the services for it in windows are running and there isn't a firewall blocking any ports. My Xbox 360 however has Open NAT straight away so I know UPnP is working in the Home Hub itself, and even if I reset the hub and go on Call of Duty on PC straight away, my NAT type is still Moderate. I should add that I'm using powerline adapters to connect my PC to the Home Hub but these shouldn't have any affect since I had Open NAT when we were using the Home Hub 3. I imagine people may respond by saying 'can't you just port forward?' but I need to use UPnP to get the same ports open on both my Xbox and PC (There isn't any kind of DMZ setup either). I don't know whether the Openreach Modem is affecting this in anyway but if I run the UPnP test program only tests 1 and 6 pass, and the most important ones, 7 and 8, both fail and 8 says 'Get External IP Address failed'. It also fails the tests about the services running although they definitely are. 

Sorry for this ramble but this is driving me crazy and I would appreciate any help and support given so we can try and resolve this problem!

Kind regards, 

Adam

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: UPnP problems after Infinity installation with BT Home Hub 4

Are you on Infinity Option 1? If so, this may appy.

IP address translation/sharing

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I am on Infinity Option 1 but my IP isn't being shared. Do you have any other suggestions?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@AdamButcher wrote:
I am on Infinity Option 1 but my IP isn't being shared. Do you have any other suggestions?

I have a general guide on my website, with links to other threads, which may help.

NAT Problems on games consoles and computers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I have seen this guide before but unfortunately it doesn't have a whole lot of information regarding the Home Hub 4 and Infinity since the NAT problems thread is fairly dated. However, I did see the topic about Dynamic DNS, is this something I need to enable? This would seem an odd thing to do though as my Xbox is recieving the correct ports.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

the link posted is still current and the details there apply to the HH4 as well
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

There still isn't any topic properly related to my post though, this is why I'm having trouble. My Xbox recieves UPnP ports but my PC doesn't and I haven't found anywhere that has a solution.

0 Ratings