cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

USA Toll Free Numbers

If you need to call a USA Toll Free number from the UK using your landline (or psossibly via your mobile) for example to a 1-800 xxx xxxx or a 1-888 xxx xxxx number is it;

1. still toll free (and dial number as is)

2. do you need a prefix number

or

3. what is the situation if it's none of the above.

I find the results from searching this question a bit confusing.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: USA Toll Free Numbers

@TrickyDicky  Thanks for posting, I believe you need to add 00 before the number when calling from the UK and the call will be chargeable. This link will help you calculate the cost of International calls

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: USA Toll Free Numbers

@TrickyDicky wrote:

If you need to call a USA Toll Free number from the UK using your landline (or psossibly via your mobile) for example to a 1-800 xxx xxxx or a 1-888 xxx xxxx number is it;

1. still toll free (and dial number as is)

2. do you need a prefix number

or

3. what is the situation if it's none of the above.

I find the results from searching this question a bit confusing.

Hi.

Calls to the USA will be charged at the relevant international rate for USA, including the "toll free". They are only toll free in the USA. It is possible that some might not even be diallable from the UK - which I believe is similar to non UK callers to some of (if not all) the UK 0800 numbers.

There is no other prefix than 00 for dialling international calls.

0 Ratings