Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

USB Connection on Router

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a BT HomeHub2.0 and on the rear panel, is a USB connector identical to those found a PC or laptop.

Does anyone know what this connector can be used for ?? Perhaps a printer connection or Network Storage ?

There is no mention of this connector or its function, in any of the data supplied with the Hub.....

Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: USB Connection on Router

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

the usb connection can be used for NAS ( network attached storage ) it can be used for a printer,but, can be fiddly to set up. most users only use it for NAS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
free your computer, use opensource
i'm a linux user & very happy about it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks to both contributors for your prompt replies - Much appreciated Smiley Happy

I just wonder why there is no mention of this port in the literature supplied with the hub .........

In fact, the literature is sadly lacking in many respects - just a 'Quick Guide' booklet describing basic installation.

I would have thought that there would be a more detailed manual on the CD supplied with the hub, but a search through the content provided nothing......

I'll try connecting my NAS drive, which has been lying unused  for some time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Hi Willum, Sorry I'm away from my pc at the moment, you will need the IP address of that "port"--- I think the last figure is normally one less than the address of the home hub. All the best Michael
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@deltaflyer wrote:

the usb connection can be used for NAS ( network attached storage ) it can be used for a printer,but, can be fiddly to set up. most users only use it for NAS

"NAS"

Is that just another name for an external HDD?

Pete

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

NAS = Network-attached storage

So it means storage devices (such as hard disks) conected through your network.  If you don't have a network, you won't have NAS.

0 Ratings