Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alartgray
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

USB Security with Home Hub 5

Go to solution

I have a pen drive connected to the usb port on my Home Hub 5. This pen drive is therefore outsde the protection offered by my anti virus program, or any other security program, installed on my pc. How vulnerable is this pen drive to attack from the internet? Does Hub 5 have any inbuilt security?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: USB Security with Home Hub 5

Go to solution

Entirely secure, its not visible from the internet.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Assuming the pendrive can only be accessed by devices on your home network and as the devices should all have antivirus (AV) installed it will protect the devices from anything on the pendrive in the same manner as it would if you plugged it directly in to your devices. Likewise anything you are putting on the pendrive from one of your devices should already have been checked by your AV.

Unless you have made the pendrive directly accessible to/from the Internet it should be protected by the Homehubs firewall in the same manner as any of your devices that connect to the Internet.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Well put GG. I think that answers the OP question perfectly. And thanks @licquorice for commenting as well.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
alartgray
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Many thanks to all of you for your quick responses. I feel much happier about using the pen drive in this way now.
0 Ratings