cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

USING HUB WIRELESSLY

Go to solution

My brother is wanting to connect his new hub to his desktop computer wirelessly, as it is currently connected with ethernet cable (the BT engineer set it up that way some years ago) Could someone please advise how to do this? Also how do you connect a HP all in one printer to the new hub? many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: USING HUB WIRELESSLY

Go to solution

You will need to check that the computer has a wireless card. If you check the back of the computer it may have an aerial coming out of the back if not you will need to check the specifications of the computer or failing that you need to check the computer hardware.

You can do that by going to the start button then control panel then device manager then scroll down and look for network adaptors then click on that and look to see if there is one that says wireless adaptor.

If you have a wireless card you then follow the guide in this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9692/~/how-to-set-up-a-wireless-connection

If you don't have a wireless card you would need to buy a wireless dongle and after plugging it in to the computer you would connect as above.

As regards the HP printer it should have come with instructions how to connect it to a router. You need to follow them. If you don't have the instructions you should go to the HP website and you will find them there.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi the computer is only 3 years old and it does say wireless on the stickers, so when i plug in the new smart hub and follwo your instructions it should bring up the connections are available and show the hub number? would that be correct?

I will look at HP website thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@polish wrote:

Hi the computer is only 3 years old and it does say wireless on the stickers, so when i plug in the new smart hub and follwo your instructions it should bring up the connections are available and show the hub number? would that be correct?

Yes but you may have to switch the wireless card on if you don't see the any signals. It is usually done by pressing the F9 or F3 key. 

I will look at HP website thank you.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much appreciated.

0 Ratings