Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Ultra Box

Go to solution

My router stats show a download speed of 46Mb/s but despite this BT sales say I can't have an Ultra box. Is there anyone in BT other than a sales person, to whom I can talk to on this subject? Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Ultra Box

Go to solution

It does seem a bit archaic the way it is done. My router is connected at 50Mbps+ but I am not allowed any ultra products because my predicted range is not compatible....

IMG_2428.PNG

speed.JPG

0 Ratings
david112
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
this is like me, its a complete mess in my opinion.
0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Quick Update. Talked to another sales person yesterday and after again being told that i cant get Ultra, I asked to speak to someone in technical. Talked to Barry and he agreed after I explained the speed checks I had carried out ,that I should be able to get Ultra. E-mail this morning to say an order for entertainment max had been placed for me. No mention of an Ultra box so I had to place an order for a box this morning. When the box arrives I will update again.

0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Box arrived to day as promised. Ultra channel is now up and running. If you really want Ultra and your speeds are 44+ theyn keep badgering bt and explain that you wont be using much other bandwidth if you are watching Ultra. Good Luck

0 Ratings
Travelusa
Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Yep that what i got told not fast enough

Strange part BTTV order system lets you order a 4k box but keeps you on you same contract i am max.

Than another reason I was given for not getting total as I had only upgraded to Max and was within contract period

wierd that they would say that as BT Mobile allowed me to increase my data from 6gb to 16gb i had only changed to 6gb 3 months before and was still within the 18month contract

So why one side allows you to change withing contract and another not.

I will see as have just got my Loyal reward package from SKY

As i have been with them for over 16 years

I was given on loan a new 2tb SKY q Box and a SKY mini box all i had to do was take out was the multi room package £12

I had to download a new APP which when i use to call sky helpdesk for anything give me priority on the queueing system

it does as well

Get the 4K channels as part of the Box why cannot BT do something like that.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Two different delivery methods.
Sky use satellite to broadcast its live channels and download for its on demand. So you can have it no matter what your speed but if your speed is slow you have to preempt when you want to watch something and start the download in advance.
BT is all delivered via broadband in real time so needs at least 30mbps for it plus overheads for other things.

0 Ratings
Travelusa
Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Yep

But Bt Fibre is going to have to improve

AS SKYQ is going fully Fibre no dish from next Year

We may even be offered FTTP if SKY get there way to improve the speeds and service

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Sky entered into a trial for fttp in York and finally pulled out so don't pin your hopes on that happening anytime soon
0 Ratings
DrewN
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Sorry I should have said that I was put on the TOTAL Entertainment package before the box arrived. I was on entertainment MAX.

0 Ratings