Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozsat
Expert
Message 1 of 9

Ultra HD - how to check if its available

Go to solution

Can somebody confirm how to check if Ultra HD is available in my area?

I'm currently on 38mb - but I know you have to be on the 76mb service for Ultra HD.

The system seems to allow me yo go to 76mb  -  but I don't want to unless Ultra HD is available here.

Ultra HD is initially offered in the ordering menus - but then disappears but I don't know if that is due to the broadband subscription needing an upgrade or that UltraHD would not be available anyway.

Is there a page which tests to confirmed what is available?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ultra HD - how to check if its available

Go to solution
Normally when you put your number in on the ordering page it comes up saying if BT Ultra HD is available

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I'm fairly certain I have read that your broadband only needs to be capable of the speed required for Ultra HD, you can still stay on the 38 meg Infinity 1 and get Ultra HD if it is available. Your Broadband will still look like an Infinity 1 for normal use but will allow the extra bandwidth for UHD when required. Can someone else confirm this?

umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
According to the other threads about this you don't have to be on Infinity 2 for UHD. You can order it on Infinity 1 or 2 as long as your line can support a minimum estimated connection speed of 44Mbps.

What speed range are you given when you enter your phone number in the checker?
ozsat
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

It offers my UltraHD but fails during the ordering process  -  when I call they say it is not available as be can't have 76mb broadband.

But that is offered too

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Put your number in this link and post the results. Remeber to take your number out.
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
ozsat
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks - that would explain the issue as the line is not fast enough

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Yep as I thought BT take the lowest figure and thats 27.4 Mbps

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Actually I think BT will use the clean A range minimum of 35, but it's still below 44 so no UHD supported. 😞

If you enter your number in the BT Consumer checker on the Infinity sales pages I think you will find it reports the clean A range, sometimes along with another guaranteed lower figure.
0 Ratings